I think SUNNY is SICK. Help please!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Oh my stars. Hannah. The way he looks at you. I can’t even stand it. He loves you soooooo much. Also that was fun because now I’m reading your messages in your voice [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
How’s Sunny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
WOW I just saw this thread! Hannah my heart sank when I read about "OUR" little Booiii feeling/looking ill :eek: So so soooo happy to read he is looking/feeling so much better! You are an amazing mum,truly! And that little guy loves you so much,you can just see it in his face..he lights up when you are with him lol. He is so lucky to have you,taking such excellent care of him and lovin' him they way you do. He has the best of both worlds,his human family and his feathered buddies :04:
The video brought "happy tears" to my face!!
Tell Sunny boy he has fans from all over the world who love him dearly!

Jim

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thank goodness Sunny is ok! He had us all so worried, Sunny you’re a naughty bird for stressing your mum out like that!

Last edited:

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
How is "our" little boy doing today,Hannah?

Jim

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
It is quite obvious that little Sunny is a huge ray of sunshine around this world. Thank you Hannah for what you do for this adorable little boy.:)

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Thank you everyone!
Jim- I do love the way he looks at me, it’s so sweet. The look in his face is too cute.
It’s funny how a bird can have no restraints or restrictions about where to go yet he chooses to hang about with me.

Sunny seems to be much better! I was a little concerned a couple of days ago as his poop was a little runny again, but maybe it was just a side effect of his antibiotic and still getting things out his system as his poops have been okay since! he still doesn’t seem that keen on eating much of his seed. He eats some but doesn’t go mad for it like he did before. He is tucking into apple rather well though, he even ate some broccoli this moring! He is happy as a pig in muck digging about eating roots and shoots though, so it’s not like he isn’t eating or hasn’t an appetite. He just seems to have gone of his seed.
He’s flying well, looking well. No longer fluffed up all the time (unless he’s resting). Drinking good and pooping good. Last night was his first night sleeping back with the wild crew in the trees since being ill. And he came back this moring lookinng happy after digging with muddy toes and beak :)

I’m going to continue posting on Sunnys thread, I’m uploading a cute video of his this morning on there now!
http://www.parrotforums.com/cockatoos/79240-sunny-update-more-photo-spam-15.html

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Thank you everyone!
Jim- I do love the way he looks at me, it’s so sweet. The look in his face is too cute.
It’s funny how a bird can have no restraints or restrictions about where to go yet he chooses to hang about with me.

Sunny seems to be much better! I was a little concerned a couple of days ago as his poop was a little runny again, but maybe it was just a side effect of his antibiotic and still getting things out his system as his poops have been okay since! he still doesn’t seem that keen on eating much of his seed. He eats some but doesn’t go mad for it like he did before. He is tucking into apple rather well though, he even ate some broccoli this moring! He is happy as a pig in muck digging about eating roots and shoots though, so it’s not like he isn’t eating or hasn’t an appetite. He just seems to have gone of his seed.
He’s flying well, looking well. No longer fluffed up all the time (unless he’s resting). Drinking good and pooping good. Last night was his first night sleeping back with the wild crew in the trees since being ill. And he came back this moring lookinng happy after digging with muddy toes and beak :)

I’m going to continue posting on Sunnys thread, I’m uploading a cute video of his this morning on there now!
http://www.parrotforums.com/cockatoos/79240-sunny-update-more-photo-spam-15.html

You might try mixing in some Benebac powder (probiotic) --or somthing similar- with a bit of plain oatmeal for a few days--- if there is any stomach upset or yeast, you might be able to fix it.

Most Reactions