Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
I have been away for a couple of days on vacation and I'm glad to see the admins have been able to keep us free of spam and other problems. But if there are anything that was missed please let us know.

Also I'd like to welcome any new members here as I may not get around to checking all the new threads that have been active over the weekend.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Hey, welcome back ...

It was actually kinda quiet around here while you were gone ... I didn't wipe out anything ... I think the spammers caught wind of your reputation and decided that it wasn't worth messing with you anymore ... *lol*

I'm gonna crawl back in the cave now (actually, I have to turn 'the cave' into the nursery ... I only have like 6 weeks left *eek*) here, you'll need these to keep the order *hands over sheriff's badge and six shooter* ... hope you had a great break ...

OP
Auggie's Dad

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Thanks.

Cave huh? Makes me think of quite peaceful nights out in the wilderness. Yes, quiet peaceful nights... for 6 weeks - then never again for the next 18 years! (where's the evil mad scientist laugh emoticon?)

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Give me back that six shooter you ... :p

I know, but, I am hoping that I will get a few quite nights in there, when she's between the ages of 4 and 8 ...

Actually, I was initially joking about the six shooter ... but I could use it to keep the boys away .... *heh heh heh*

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Hey you may get lucky and get a baby that is quiet for the first couple weeks. I think many don't get loud until they're a couple months old, and others, more obnoxious/demanding ones, are loud right away. So only 6 weeks away? That must be so exciting. So is it for sure a girl?

Welcome back.

I have been insanely busy. School just started again. Grade 12 *Slams head into ugly locker*. Why do teachers pick the most boring things to start off the year with? English we're doing the Merchant of Venice, Bio we're doing like cells and junk which we've already done in grade 10 and earlier(????). Law, Geography, and History are overall pretty interesting. Economics is like the mother of all boredom. Planning is good considering it hasn't even started so we've had spares and it's like 'part time' (woohoo) and yea.... homework bloc is just so so.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Yes, we were told that it's a baby girl, and the ultrasound technicians will not even hint to you if they aren't pretty positive. Christy's doctor told her that in 15 years their ultrasound technician had been wrong ONCE ... so we are pretty sure that we have a little girl in there.

And, no, they are loud and obnoxious very early for the most part. I don't expect any sleep for the first 2 or 3 weeks, and then maybe gradually increasing from that point. I also expect that she will stay loud and obnoxious until well past, well ... Grade 12 :)-)~ Gosh, I've missed picking on you!)

We are very excited, nervous and anxious all at the same time. We are trying not to think about it right now, the first thing on our "plate" is my sister's wedding and that is our "buffer" so to speak before the chaos starts in our lives ...

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Hey, I'm still blunt and obnoxious i just don't have time and i don't really want to scare away new members. I realize before i didn't care but now i somewhat realize that we need new members so i shouldn't be a complete female dog to them like i was before and also i don't have the members that *****ed at me!!!! Hmm i should really join that 'other' forum again i miss those people for some un explainable reason.

Maybe if you're lucky your daughter will be even more blunt and obnoxious then i am. Actually judging by what they are predicting that the generations are getting more and more rude(don't know if i personally agree with that or not) but hey you have a pretty good chance. :) Just kidding, i won't say your daughter won't cause any problems because that is just BS every kid does, unless maybe you get an anti social perhaps aspergers child(no offense to them) but really i hope your daughter(or whatever it happens to be) turns out to be a good child who is not as obnoxious as i. But whatever i'm pretty sure she will have you wrapped around her thumb in a matter of seconds.

Oh and just think she will come into this world already sharing something you guys both like. Birds, growing up in a house with birds she no doubt will learn to like, if not ADORE them so if she's not into sports or whatever, you still have birds! lol *Another plus side to owning birds*

Oh but whatever i'm going to a party on friday and going to get incredibly wasted which i haven't done in a while. Also it will be like after i go to the dentist to get a cavity filled so my mouth will most likely still be partly frozen(if it's the same dentist as the last they most likely will put too much stuff in so it lasts for hours after lol) but yea numb mouth + booz = interesting? lol

And omg i am so off topic.

Crap it's almost midnight and i still have history and English to do due tomorrow morning!

It's all good i'm rambling now anyway.

Oh and but whatever my mom's friend's daughter just had a baby boy in like June and it's incredibly quiet apparently. Maybe you'll luck out too? Unless... you.... want... to... listen... to .. baby.....cries.......? (wow that sentence took longer than i would have wished)

and omg i am procrastinating at doing my homework.

Last edited:

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
... really i hope your daughter(or whatever it happens to be) ...

Whatever it happens to be? What do you think she's got in there, a teletubby?!

Actually i was thinking a Boohbah....... They're the modern day teletubbies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJvHrx1X-Gk]YouTube - Boohbah - WTF![/ame]

OP
Auggie's Dad

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Oh dear god, what are we doing to our children?

No wonder they grow up and start using drugs when their entire childhood was basically one bad acid trip.

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
i just got home. Had a lot of fun despite the fact that the cops got called. Was still fun. Although no idea what happened to my friend ........ i feel kind of bad for leaving but i was texting her and stuff and she wasn't answering and it was dark and we were in the park so.... yea...

Most Reactions

Latest posts