I'M Back........................

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
I'm back from my two week vacation to St. Thomas Virgin Islands. I took some great video of the St. Thomas Brown Throated Conure, native to the Island. What a beautiful bird it is and what a thrill to see them in the wild and so abundant.

My nephew pet set Tiki my Senegal for me while we were gone. This was the longest we had been apart since we got her. So I was curious to see how she would handle the situation. I was actually afraid she wuld forget me within that length of time. But to my surprise, all she wanted to do when I arrived home was to play kissy face and wouldn't get off my shoulder for hours.

Cecilia

Banned
Banned
Jul 28, 2010
Media
Melbourne, FL
Parrots
Violet - Black Masked Lovebird hatch date 2-26-11

Jessie - B&G Macaw hatch date 4-3-11
LOL @ kissy kissy game. Sounds beautiful! I have family in Virgina I've just never been... LOL

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
welcome back mike lol an glad you had a great time ;)

Thanks Sue, I had a great time, other than the last couple of days. My sister in law got sick with a cold, she passed it to my wife, who passed it on to ME. I'm still fighting this stupid cold. But other than that, it was wonderful. My mother in law turned 81 last Sunday and we were fortunate enough to be there for that grand event.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
St T is so pretty. Lots of yummy food and drinks too. You were missed and we are glad to have you back.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
ewww i hate colds, especially the lingering kind that don't do anything but annoy me lol and i bet tiki be up to her old trick soon, if she's not learnt/discovered new ones lol

nut is so much calmer lately mostly as i am sure she is out of season, but we are sporting a huge hole in our wall, she's chewed through plaster to the brick lol and i have the wooden spoon of disapline lmao don't worry i just wave it at her lol

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
It was nice. One of the best parts of the trip to me was video taping the St. Thomas Brown Tthroated Conures, which were numerous. It was so neat to see them in the wild flying around and waking up to them squawking in the trees in the morning. We were staying with relatives up in the hills. They are becoming over run with chickens and I was being wakened every morning with a rooster crowing. It was like living on a farm. My wife had been down there several times in the past 30 years, but this was my first trip back to St. Thomas since like 1989.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome back Mike, sounds like you had a good trip! I was excited to see the Quakers out in FL when I was down there vacationing one year.

Glad Tiki was all right while your gone!!! :)

Most Reactions