I'm new here too

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Hi my name is Chris, and I'm new here.
I have a breeding pair of gcc, named Sully and Bella. Sully, 2 years old, is a cinnamon and Bella, 3 years old, is a normal green cheek. I live in Newbury Park California, and have my whole life. I have played baseball for 11 years and rode dirt bikes since I was 5.
My green cheeks are let out of their cages all day and only get locked up at night. Bella loves to sit on my shoulder, but Sully doesn't want her to. Sully is my evil attack birdy, he only likes me but tolerates my dad because he gives him fruit. They are both fully flighted but Bella doesn't like to fly she prefers to be carried. Sully complains to be tucked in(covered) at night and loves to be the center of attention. Sully says beep beep when I wiggle my finger and Bella says it randomly. Sully's favorite food is blackberries, and Bella's favorite food is apples.
At the moment they are nesting with 4 babies and 2 eggs.:D

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Thank you, I'm excited because this is only their second clutch and they only had three babies last time.

Last edited:

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Hello and welcome... Congrats on the new babies arriving:) Love to see some pics when they are ready :D

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Yes the nest box is very noisy, lol. I will try to get some more pics, but for now this is what I have. This is Sully the cinnamon male.

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome and congrats
Such an exciting experience for you
Thanks you for sharing it with us
Looking forward to hearing more and seeing pic's

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Here is some more info on the babies. The first one was born on Sunday February the 19th, the second on Wednesday the 22nd, the third on Saturday the 25th, and the fourth on Monday the 27th. The eggs were layed with a two week gap between the first and last egg. There are still two eggs left.
I will post pics of the mama and babies as soon as I can.

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Just an update on the babies, the oldest baby just opened its eyes for the first time! :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Oh, that must be so exciting for you! I'd love to see pics of them, but not if it will upset the parents or babies.

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
To roxynoodle, it's very exciting. I would post pics but to check on the babies I don't open the lid to the box because the male is an evil attack bird, but he's still very sweet, I just shine a light through the hole. So I will post plenty of pics when I take the babies from the nest, which will be in about two-three days.

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
To oled thank you, and your picture of your amazon is awesome.

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Baby number five hatched today! :)

Shami

Mar 3, 2012
pakistan
Parrots
Alexander and plum head parrot
Hi
I am shami from pakistan
I have a Alexander baby
Can you tell me how many times i feed him dialy?
And in how much quantity?

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
You are going to need to give us some more info, and may I suggest to start a new thread on this forum so people can reply only to you.
How old is your baby?

Most Reactions

Latest posts