Im new here

Sunny78

Dec 21, 2010
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure
Hello all. Im hoping this forum will be very beneficial to me. I just purchased a Sun Conure through a breeder. I dont have my little guy yet because its only 4 weeks old. I have to wait for it to be weaned at the end of January possibly. Any tips I can get on owning a Sun (this is my first) I would greatly appreciate

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
The book Parrots for Dummies is often suggested for the basics. It is a good reference to keep also. There must be other web sites devoted to conures. As a group you will find lots of info but if you just look under sun connure you may not find as much. Some of the highlights that are very important to know are nutrition, safety in the home, socialization and avain vet visits. Bet you can't wait!!

Chris Winkler

Oct 8, 2010
Media
NW Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo TAG,
Kodak Wt Face Tiel &
Tobi Male Ekkie
7.gif
&
12.gif
to the forum. I don't have any conure info to share but wanted to say hi!

13.gif

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
Welcome to the forum.

Sun Conures a cool little dudes. I have suns. A well balanced diet, fresh fruits & vegetables, some eat pellets. Bit of seed.

I would advise training starts as soon as you bring him/her home. As you know they do have a loud screech. Most of their screaming is for attention. But that can be controlled.

Ask your breeder for guidance & info on what they feed their birds. They should be able to give you the best advise on the do's & don't of bring your new baby home. Ask them heaps of questions.

Oh & Congratulations on your new baby.

Most Reactions

Latest posts