Incubator Macaw Baby Feed

Wahida Bani

Mar 20, 2024
Hi! Can someone tell me when I should start feeding just hatched incubator macaw babies? Like, after how long should I start?

Thank you!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
My friend, if you need to ask that question, you really need HELP!
https://www.parrotforums.com/forums/breeding-raising-parrots.63/
Please, go to this sub-forum and read, read, read. Hatchlings are born hungry.
Babies are fed on Baby Parrot formula, please make sure to use a good product, make to the directions and heated to 105deg F - use a thermometer to check - very important. Every 4 hours for the first 4 weeks, if they will take it.

Big responsibility friend, I hope you succeed.

OP
W

Wahida Bani

Mar 20, 2024
My friend, if you need to ask that question, you really need HELP!
https://www.parrotforums.com/forums/breeding-raising-parrots.63/
Please, go to this sub-forum and read, read, read. Hatchlings are born hungry.
Babies are fed on Baby Parrot formula, please make sure to use a good product, make to the directions and heated to 105deg F - use a thermometer to check - very important. Every 4 hours for the first 4 weeks, if they will take it.

Big responsibility friend, I hope you succeed.
Thank you so much! We don’t have any eggs at the moment, we are just doing our research. Unfortunately we didn’t find any information to my question here online so ended up reaching out here. Thanks for your help!

OP
W

Wahida Bani

Mar 20, 2024
Thank you so much! We don’t have any eggs at the moment, we are just doing our research. Unfortunately we didn’t find any information to my question here online so ended up reaching out here. Thanks for your help!

Also don’t worry. We have had tons of baby birds (so we are trained to feed them properly) but all were hatched by the parents. We are trying to research on incubators now. Thanks again!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I dont know how things are in India or that area, but getting macaw eggs is the #1 scam pulled on unsuspecting new folks. 100% of the time. If you do actually get an egg from these scammers, what hatches will not be a parrot, more likely a chicken or quail.

Most Reactions