Indian ringneck hissing noise

Tfreeman

Oct 23, 2015
Hello everyone
i wonder if someone can help me. My IRN who is now almost 18 months old has started showing signs of a ring, so i can finally announce that little Sky is a boy.
however today i have noticed that he is making a strange hissing noise, not just but his voice is also coming out in the hiss as well.
(he does talk rather well)

is this something to be concerned about? other than this he has always been very healthy

Kind regards
Tracey

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
If this is a new respiratory noise and not an intentional mimic, then yes you need to get him to the vet asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I Googled the subject and didn't find hissing associated with ringnecks... yeah, vet-time, I do believe...
Good luck!

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I share my life with 19 IRNs, none of them hiss. The only reason I wouldn't be rushing to the vet is if it is a learned sound, as in is he mimicking a hissing sound that he hears frequently around your house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions