Indian ringneck

kiwe

Nov 6, 2017
Hi i hust purchased a indian ringneck that is 1 year old and having a few isues witb her and need help.when she gets on your shoulder she wants to bite your ears.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and your new Indian Ringneck!

For your safety, a bird should never be on the shoulder until it is totally trustworthy. The shoulder is a favorite place but ought be earned. Ringnecks are fairly small but can inflict serious damage requiring medical care and possibly plastic surgery!

There are many ways to build trust, this thread may be helpful: http://www.parrotforums.com/general-parrot-information/49144-tips-bonding-building-trust.html

Do you have prior experience handling birds?

Micaiahholton

Oct 31, 2017
Parrots
Gus: Quaker
Hello! Welcome to you and your bird. What is it's name? Where I work we have an Indian ringneck and he does the same thing. There are two things that could be happening. Best case he's just playing but even if he's playing it still hurts. Do you have earrings in perhaps? They loooooove earrings. Weirdly enough he could also be afraid of your ear you never know with birds really. If he keeps biting put him on a perch immediately but never shut him back in his cage. Good luck! I hope you found this helpful

Most Reactions

Latest posts