Indy Update

Ashleigh86

Sep 12, 2013
California
Parrots
Female Sun Conure-Indy Female pineapple green cheek-Tiki
Indy will be 10 months in a few days! She is still working on getting that yellow and orange in, but she's a late bloomer ;) She's molting like crazy and taking baths almost every day! Still a super cuddler and a drama queen if I ever saw one lol She seems to be a happy and healthy sun! Here just a few pics of her being adorable

Attachments

• 20140527_084555.jpg
    20140527_084555.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 20140528_090948.jpg
    20140528_090948.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 20140529_084727.jpg
    20140529_084727.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 20140528_083346.jpg
    20140528_083346.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 134

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I particularly like that last pic where she is eating popcorn (?) Very cute. She does still look like such a youngster. So sweet.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Aww, Indy is precious!! I love that second one too, what a sweet cuddlebug:)

OP
Ashleigh86

Ashleigh86

Sep 12, 2013
California
Parrots
Thanks guys! She's not spoiled AT ALL. LOL ;)

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
Indy will be 10 months in a few days! She is still working on getting that yellow and orange in, but she's a late bloomer ;) She's molting like crazy and taking baths almost every day! Still a super cuddler and a drama queen if I ever saw one lol She seems to be a happy and healthy sun! Here just a few pics of her being adorable

Indy is BEAUTIFUL !! I like the second one the best too, BUT I want to hear the story of how you got the third picture, I'm always doing silly things with my parrots and I think you have a good back story on that one LOL

Joe

OP
Ashleigh86

Ashleigh86

Sep 12, 2013
California
Parrots
Indy is BEAUTIFUL !! I like the second one the best too, BUT I want to hear the story of how you got the third picture, I'm always doing silly things with my parrots and I think you have a good back story on that one LOL

Joe[/QUOTE]

Thank you! She is always in my sleeves!!! LOL she will stay in my sleeves for so long that she will fall asleep in them with her head popped out where my hand comes out, so that's what you are seeing in the third one haha :) She'll play in them forever and she mimics my laugh so when she pops in and I ask" Indy, whatcha doin?" She'll laugh and laugh and then pop her head back out, and this goes on forever lol Such a little goofball

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
Thank you! She is always in my sleeves!!! LOL she will stay in my sleeves for so long that she will fall asleep in them with her head popped out where my hand comes out, so that's what you are seeing in the third one haha :) She'll play in them forever and she mimics my laugh so when she pops in and I ask" Indy, whatcha doin?" She'll laugh and laugh and then pop her head back out, and this goes on forever lol Such a little goofball

Aww, I could just imagine that, Very Sweet how much they love us :)

We are very lucky to share our lives with these beautiful creatures

My Plett falls asleep at my side between my arm and my side, She just LOVES to be "crushed" in there, when she wakes up her feathers look so disheveled LOL

gw-joe-albums-our-sweet-baby-parrotlet-picture10331-dads-nook-1-its-just-amazing-how-she-loves-pressure-i-put-her-my-arm-here.jpg

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
P.s... I'm curious, how is Indy liking that foraging ball you got her several weeks ago? Does she use it?

OP
Ashleigh86

Ashleigh86

Sep 12, 2013
California
Parrots
P.s... I'm curious, how is Indy liking that foraging ball you got her several weeks ago? Does she use it?

OMG She LOVES it!!! She's getting pretty good at it, so I started packing the bottom half with shredded paper so she has to get through that before she gets to any treats. It sure keeps her busy, and it's so easy to fill and maintain even on our busy schedule! So worth the money for us :)

OP
Ashleigh86

Ashleigh86

Sep 12, 2013
California
Parrots

Aww, I could just imagine that, Very Sweet how much they love us :)

We are very lucky to share our lives with these beautiful creatures

My Plett falls asleep at my side between my arm and my side, She just LOVES to be "crushed" in there, when she wakes up her feathers look so disheveled LOL

gw-joe-albums-our-sweet-baby-parrotlet-picture10331-dads-nook-1-its-just-amazing-how-she-loves-pressure-i-put-her-my-arm-here.jpg

Awwww I just love that! I love how they have all their own little quirks and personalities, it makes them way beyond priceless :) Indy's tail feathers are always disheveled from being in my jacket all the time lol

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie

OMG She LOVES it!!! She's getting pretty good at it, so I started packing the bottom half with shredded paper so she has to get through that before she gets to any treats. It sure keeps her busy, and it's so easy to fill and maintain even on our busy schedule! So worth the money for us :)

Great! Glad to hear she loves it! :)
I ended up getting Raven one of those wheels that attaches to the side of the cage where you can see inside it and you have to turn it to get the treat out if the one hole. He ignores it :( I showed him several times how it works, and he does like the kind of treat inside, but he just isn't curious enough to try to get it out. My red bellied is like that too. Takes too much effort for my lazy guys LOL!
Maybe I'll still end up getting the one you have... It looks a bit easier.

OP
Ashleigh86

Ashleigh86

Sep 12, 2013
California
Parrots

I ended up getting Raven one of those wheels that attaches to the side of the cage where you can see inside it and you have to turn it to get the treat out if the one hole. He ignores it :( I showed him several times how it works, and he does like the kind of treat inside, but he just isn't curious enough to try to get it out. My red bellied is like that too. Takes too much effort for my lazy guys LOL!

That's the one I tried first actually lol I ended up returning it and getting the sphere...way better for Indy! She gives up really easy, and although I also showed her and played with her with the wheel, she had no interest either

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie

That's the one I tried first actually lol I ended up returning it and getting the sphere...way better for Indy! She gives up really easy, and although I also showed her and played with her with the wheel, she had no interest either

I'm surprised a Conure gave up?!
Typically anyway, the Poicephalus and Pionus species that I have are not super active, and considering they're parrots, they're not quite as inquisitive or tenaciously 'into everything' as many species are. It has to be an EASY foraging item, or they will ignore it.

OP
Ashleigh86

Ashleigh86

Sep 12, 2013
California
Parrots
Yea, I'm having to teach her to forage but she's catching on pretty quick! Maybe we will work our way up to the wheel at some point ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts