Jun 16, 2014
New Britain, CT
Parrots
KissKiss, Indian Ringneck
Lolo, Cockatiel
Petri, Love bird
Scooter, Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure
Hi All,

My name is Jennifer. I joined the forum a few weeks ago, but haven't had the chance to properly introduced myself yet. I live in Connecticut. I have 2 human children that have flown the coup (ages 20 and 22), 4 rats, 1 Indian ringneck named KissKiss (1 and 1/2 years old) and 1 cockatiel named Lolo (4-5 years old). I have always had fur kids, but am a new mom to feathered kids (I have only had them for 4 months). They came from homes that neglected them, KissKiss from home with children that constantly tried to catch and "play" with her, which essentially made her afraid of hands. It's slow going, but we are making really good progress. I have really enjoyed reading the posts on this forum and looking at everyone's pictures! I look forward to continue learning from everyone. I wish I had learned about these fids long ago-I think they are the best! I am loving being a bird mom!

:greenyellow::yellow1:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello Jennifer and welcome!
I am so happy you took in KissKiss and Lolo, and got them away from their situations.
I would love to see pictures of them, and your rats as well:)
I am glad you joined us and look forward to hearing more about your babies.

OP
IRNMom

IRNMom

Jun 16, 2014
New Britain, CT
Parrots
KissKiss, Indian Ringneck
Lolo, Cockatiel
Petri, Love bird
Scooter, Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure
Not the greatest pictures, I'm working on taking better ones, but here are my babies. You can't see KissKiss' ring, but she has a light green one.
irnmom-albums-my-winged-babies-picture12441t-making-sure-mom-s-watching.jpg
irnmom-albums-my-winged-babies-picture12440t-checking-out-her-new-straw-toy.jpg
irnmom-albums-my-winged-babies-picture12375t-lolo.jpg

Most Reactions