Introducing my gorgeous B&G !

BlueGold

Aug 27, 2015
Hello everyone

Thought I may aswell introduce my beautiful new B&G !

She is 9 months old (Received her 1.5 months ago)

Some photos of her:

eyOQO2V.jpg

R93zHmK.jpg

QH5gCgS.jpg

wBVmmyv.jpg

Very adventurous bird. The second the cage door opens she instantly climbs on top of it and marches around her kingdom.

From around 7AM to 8PM we open the cage door for her. She roams in and out and squawks loud when she wants us to come massage her/ play with her or give her attention ! Theres 5 of us in our family so our bird receives hours upon hours of attention per day from all of us .

Having this bird has been one of the best experiences of my life, being able to love such an intellectual and compassionate creature. It really is a fine luxury to experience.

She steps up, opens her wings to get a full massage under her wings and has a crazy appetite eating virtually anything we give her.

I would like to keep this thread updated as she matures and learns more tricks.

Last edited:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Hello everyone

Having this bird has been one of the best experiences of my life, being able to love such an intellectual and compassionate creature. It really is a fine luxury to experience.

She steps up, opens her wings to get a full massage under her wings and has a crazy appetite eating virtually anything we give her.

Give them the proper boundaries, and proper amount of attention, and they stay that way. They really are amazing companion animals.

OP
B

BlueGold

Aug 27, 2015
Give them the proper boundaries, and proper amount of attention, and they stay that way. They really are amazing companion animals.

Thats the plan :blue1::blue1::blue1:

You seem very knowledgable (quick judge from your advice and post count),
is there any books in particular you recommend for parrot training?

Thank you

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Most of what I learned, I learned from volunteering down at the rescue. The birds themselves taught me. I honestly didn't start reading those books until later, and THEN I disagreed with a fair portion of what I read.

The best trick training book/video series I know is Tani Robar's books/videos.

That I did use. I don't know if she still has her web site up, but her site was very good as well.

OP
B

BlueGold

Aug 27, 2015
Most of what I learned, I learned from volunteering down at the rescue. The birds themselves taught me. I honestly didn't start reading those books until later, and THEN I disagreed with a fair portion of what I read.

The best trick training book/video series I know is Tani Robar's books/videos.

That I did use. I don't know if she still has her web site up, but her site was very good as well.

Im from Aus so abit rarer to have them here to go to a rescue or anything but
Ill get onto Tani Robar's tutorials !

Thanks again

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Peanut, Yellow Collar Mini Macaw -
Aaliyah, Green Wing Macaw
Beautiful! Congrats and I hope you both have a long term happy and healthy relationship!

Most Reactions