Introducing "Pickles" the GC

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
Hi All,

This is a picture of Pickles (she is a year). I am so excited, as I am finding out his/her sex tomorrow! Not that it matters, I am thinking a girl, as she "acts" like one (a human girl, lol). I know that I am anthropomorphising, but their are such close analogies. I also find out the sex of my 2 Suns and I think I have them all figured out, I am probably in for a HUGE surprise.

For those of you with many birds, or birds over the years, do you think their are generalized behavioral differences between (conures specifically) the sexes? Just curious.

Have a great day!

-Jen

Attachments

• Pickles Final D Internet.jpg
    Pickles Final D Internet.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 199

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
In my experience, females are more active and hyper (in the case of my budgies and lovebirds) and also more territorial.

Now, I have absolutely no sweet clue about Kyoto my GCC. Boy or girl? I don't really care either way. I switch between the two as far as prefixes :p Hubby refers to Kyo as our "transgender bird" as a joke for now. :3 I have the test and don't have the heart to pluck her feathers. I just don't want her to hate me after I've spent so much time building trust ><

OP
PickleMeDickles

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
lol....my kids got me the DNA kits for Mother's Day - blood, not feathers. Now keep in mind that I am an RN with a lot of experience with animals (we raise meat sheep) and my husband is a horse trainer who is immune to everything. Guess what? Neither of us could quick their nail. So off we go to the vet to get a drop of blood (actually, a few drops). It cost more for the drops of blood than the kits! Then I felt so guilty and terrible because everyone stood on one leg for 2 days :( If my kids weren't convinced it was the PERFECT gift I don't think I would of / could of done it.

Well, if you are right attitudes I am in BIG trouble. I basically have mentally sexed them just the opposite, lol. And your right, I am really curious about their sexes but it won't change a thing. In fact, I had a cat who was a hermaphrodite. One of the best cats I ever had.

-Jen

Most Reactions

Latest posts