juggling angry bird

djdancer

Jan 7, 2013
Do any of you have any information on desensitizing birds to one another? I have a little Green Cheek conure who thinks he a hawk. He bites like one too. Every time I go near or talk to one of my other birds he really bites me. I can't go near his cage with one of them either or he's like a mad prisoner behind bars. I feel so bad because besides just haven my neck bitten it leaves him in the cage much of the time or I'm feeling guilty because I'm juggling bird times. He bites so hard that you have to pry his beak off of you.

I would like to be able to see all of my birds out of the cage at the same times. I'm disabled and it's hard and heartbreaking trying to juggle them out at different times. Also would just like to see them living in harmony if possible.

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
This was my thread regarding GCC biting/jealousy and I got lots of helpful information

http://www.parrotforums.com/conures/52920-biting-husband-s-ears-losing-focus-easily.html

Kyo has bad jealousy issues with my husband, and the best thing that we have done is actively give him more time out with my husband working with him for short periods of time.

As for getting your GCC to be better with your other birds, I don't have as much help to offer. I had lovebirds with Cockatiels and budgies before, and because the lovebirds were so nasty to the other birds I did have to give them separate out of cage time. It's a hard thing to accept, but sometimes it's what is best.

Hopefully someone else will come along with a more complete solution for you. Good luck!

Most Reactions

Latest posts