Is my GCC beginning to like me less?

Ian_Mathias2004

Mar 8, 2020
So, around two months ago, I got a new pet Green Cheek Conure. He began to bond with me very quickly. He is incredibly friendly and outgoing, and he used to always dance to me, but ever since a week or two ago, he doesn't dance towards me nearly as much. He still dances to all of my family members a lot when he sees them, but he doesnt dance to me nearly as much. Is he beginning to like me less?

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined. There are lots of threads to explore, and a great group of people.

I don't think your bird likes you less. But I'm a big believer in bribing mine with those little white safflower seeds. Also pay close attention to body language, spend lots if time talking s d hanging out together.
This is avoid article, cover normal behavior, then goes intobites and other stuff
https://lafeber.com/pet-birds/bird-behavior/

Last edited:

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
It COULD...(COULD!!!not saying it is...) be hormonal response....does the bird prefer a gender? Some birds prefer to hang out with the opposite gender.

Wait till no one else is in the house then after a bit go to the conure and see if it reacts favorably...Just a thought. Might be way off base.

Most Reactions

Latest posts