Is my Green cheek cinnamon conure a Pineapple?

rick_james

Mar 31, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm hoping you could help me confirm if my Greencheek girl is in fact a Pineapple. I got her from a breeder who told me she was a Cinnamon Split Turquoise. As she has matured (currently 11 months) she has developed a very bright belly and yellow sides.

I hope to breed her with my Greencheek cinnamon split Pineapple male (7 years old). I am very excited at the prospect of Pineapple babies. Is she in fact a pineapple or do I have my mutations mixed up?

2vm62w9.jpg

Would you guys know baby what mutations I can expect between my Male Cinnamon split Pineapple male and her?

Last edited:

nursouth

Mar 31, 2019
Alabama
Parrots
Cherryhead Conure and a Cockatiel.
Sorry, I can't help with your question, you have a beautiful baby! Those colors.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Yes, she is pineapple and babies will be cinnamon and pineapple

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
She looks like a pineapple to me. Check the undersides of her wings - if they’re lime green, she’s a cinnamon. If they’re bright yellow, she’s a pineapple.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I agree looks pineapple.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
She looks like a pineapple to me. Check the undersides of her wings - if they’re lime green, she’s a cinnamon. If they’re bright yellow, she’s a pineapple.
She is 100% pineapple, it's unnecessary to check undersides o the wings

OP
R

rick_james

Mar 31, 2019
Wow wow wow
Thanks guys, I did look under wings and she has bright yellow feathers from her arm pit half way her body to the tail. Feathers near the tail are lime green.

I'm soo looking forward to one day having pineapple and cinnamon babies!

She is 100% pineapple, it's unnecessary to check undersides o the wings

Most Reactions