Is this a desire to nest???

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
I am sorry for the bed video. It was at night.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYIpmgPVoHM"]acting strange - YouTube[/ame]
I have no idea what is happening with Marley, but she wouldn't leave the book shelves alone for a week now.
Should I cover the shelves with fabric?

Frumpydumple

Apr 21, 2013
Durham, UK.
Parrots
My birds: Skyler/Sky, violet Indian Ringneck. Mother's birds: Norman, African Grey and Mildred, Blue Crowned Conure.
Looks like nesting behavior to me. I would stop her going there.

Friday13

Apr 3, 2014
Singapore
Parrots
YNA(Zoro), Parrotlet(Bubbles)
I agree FD, I would cover up that bookshelf and keep Marley away from it. Cheers!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
You could try a sheet, but that's nesting behavior. I'll bet she gets nippy when you try and get her out! yes , you need to keep her out of places like that. My hen goes crazy when i open the freezer door on top of the fridge because the light is burned out and it looks so good.if your not careful she'll soon start to chew the bookcase and might leave you a egg.When i see that behavior ,"nip it in the bud", is the best policy.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh yes, Marley's "in the mood". I'm having the same issue with my Hunter at the moment. In fact, it's a bit ridiculous. I open the closet to get the vacuum cleaner and she "gockers", flies to the floor, runs into the closet. Open a cabinet in the kitchen, and Hunter will try to get inside, even drawers. :rolleyes: Can't even let her on the couch because she's tearing up the pillows, rearing into them backwards, butt in the air. :54:

Most Reactions