Is this a Good Name???

imclueless17

Sep 1, 2010
Media
Ok so small intro. I have studied and studied about parrots. After much debate I chose a meyer's parrot. So then my search began and eventually I found an absolute cutie. The baby was a 12 week old hand fed a weaned meyer's parrot cross (which was very interesting to me). I fell in love with him/her on first sight (he/she had an amazing personality not to mention he/she is absolutely stunning)! After that I could not settle for any other bird. So I put down a deposit right their and then. He/she is $365 :53: which think is a good price for such a bird. Now i'll skip to the point. I need a name for he/she I was thinking and I came up with Ki'che pronounced Key-shay :30:. But I need to know if you think this is a good name if not feel free to make suggestions. Thanks. (P.S. sorry if I sound rambly i'm just tired).:22:

parrotguy12

Aug 19, 2010
Media
Parrots
American Yellowface parrotlet "paquito"
Green IRN "Georgey"
2 budgies "lemon" and "sky"
good name, but its better if u give him.her a name that fits them better, just a thought

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Thinking about names is fun and picking one out to try on your bird is common practice ...that said my only advice is to be willing to flex once the bird's part of your life and you get to know each other. I have a budgie named Merry because that lil bird has never known a down day. Our even older budgie is called Sky for her beautiful plumage but when anyone in the family is actually talking to her she is called and responds to "sweetie " Our conures were named Gem (for her color and sweet personality ) and Sam (in memory of a beloved earlier pet ) but as they're getting known for their mischievous antics they may end up as Bonnie and Clyde. (Just kidding, I hope. ) anyway my point is relax and get to know your new friend a bit. The name will come to you both pretty quick.

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
I always get excited on picking up a new member of the family and go through loads of names!!!!

Then you pick them up, take them home and realise that really, that name isn't right!

The name will come to you!

I wanted to call my Sun Conure something to portray her colouring but it was all so obvious. We went through generic unisex names (unsure to her sex but obv think she's a she!) and come up with Calypso. In a short few weeks, this is her "posh" name. She actually responds to "Cal" or "lips" lol!

All good fun!

Vivica

Sep 7, 2010
Philadelphia PA
Parrots
1 15 year old Golden Capped Conure Named Wrnts
Well my parrot's real name is sunny (for the gold cap conure) but I just call him Wrnts, because he makes a wrnts noise all the time pronounced (wernts) So the name is definitely something to play around with and have fun! I told my vet his name was wrnts and he was like "what the ... is a wrnts?" LOL

Kokihi

Aug 11, 2010
Santa Barbara county, California
Parrots
One Green Cheek Conure: Tori
When I first got my conure, me and my sister were thinking of calling it "Conner the Conure" but we didn't know what gender he was, so I decided on "Tori" which has stuck. He occasionally sounds like he is trying to say it, too! (only when he is super excited and calling me to let him out)

...it means "Bird" in Japanese. . . I'm creative! =D

SharonC

May 26, 2010
Choosing names is a funny thing...When I got Fred, I actually didn't like the name. I didn't change it because he used it so much in his vocalizations. After a day with him, I realized that Fred... aka Freddie suited him perfectly. When you get the bird, a name will come to you...

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Picking names is fun, but for all of our birds and dogs the names just kind of happened. They just fit after the new family members came home. Our breeder named our RFM Gem (fit into her naming pattern) but everyone thought we said Jim. Since she's such a lovely green, we settled on Jade, a green gem. To me Jade seemed to fit someone who's mischevious and just a little vain - fits our girl to a T! When I new I was getting a CAG, I was going to name it Oscar (if a boy) or Ruby (if a girl)...well, she's a girl, and Ruby just fits her, too.

Get to know your new little guy and see what best fits his personality.

Vivica

Sep 7, 2010
Philadelphia PA
Parrots
1 15 year old Golden Capped Conure Named Wrnts
Wow, I just love reading everyone's stories. Let us know if you stick with the name or not!

Most Reactions

Latest posts