Apr 30, 2015
Not sure this acting is successful mating or not

[ame="http://youtu.be/8ut5cZXNzvU:confused:"]404 Not Found[/ame]

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I didn't see evidence of successful mating. It could have happened but i didn't see it. The hen looked right but as a couple they don't have it "down pat". BTW not all matings are meant to be successful , they will mate as a bonding tool.( very common outside of breeding season). If they are mating AM and PM EVERY day then they are in breeding season. But like i said they do "mate" outside of breeding season. I hate to discuss the act but their cloacas do have to touch. Maybe from the top, or commonly from the side, but even from under neath. If you see the hen "dipping" herself in the water dish before mating then she is very serious, common with napes and a few other zons. Her wet "bottom" allows the sperm to travel around better. In that case their cloacas might not touch but would have to be very close to touching. Sorry, but i'm kind of "up" on amazon pair behavior. Fascinating to me.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tong

Apr 30, 2015
hi Henpeckd

Thank you for your reply and advice , this pair did breed morning and afternoon and i' m living in Thailand , this period is Amazon breeding season.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
BTW ,,, with most nape pairs,,,, don't check the nest box. maybe your's will tolerate it, but i've had bad luck with disturbing napes. Just my .02 worth.

Most Reactions

Latest posts