It has begun!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Things are finally being finalized!

July 1st
Dog goes to Minnesota
Cat goes to Georgia
Remaining birds go to another place in Hawaii (some are already hanging out in South Dakota with my sister).

July 5th
I go to Georgia to find and buy a house, then to South Dakota while the house closes, picking up my dog in Minnesota on the way.

When the house closes I drive down with my dog, and the birds currently in SD and pick up my cat.

Then I take possession of my house and build an aviary, and go pick up the rest of the birds.

Then my household goods should arrive late September

And the human baby should arrive in october.

IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Oh! And we currently have two baby green cheeks in the nest about 3 days old and 1 day old thanks to a couple young birds not know what season it is! Thankfully another breeder in the area is helping out by taking the babies when the parents are moved to the next location. But I'll update you on color when we know!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
You guys; there are no birds left in my house. They are now settling in with a friend until September. The cat leaves tonight, the dog leaves tomorrow... I don't even know how many years it's been since I had no pets to come home to. Fortunately I should only be away from the dog for 2-3 weeks before he joins me in my adventures.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
You guys; there are no birds left in my house. They are now settling in with a friend until September. The cat leaves tonight, the dog leaves tomorrow... I don't even know how many years it's been since I had no pets to come home to. Fortunately I should only be away from the dog for 2-3 weeks before he joins me in my adventures.
Time to get riproaring drunk!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Except… I'm pregnant. No drunkenness for me sad face

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Your house must seem very quiet.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Very. The dog is so confused!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Great plan! You Rule Lady! You are correct, its going to get real quiet around your place. But that will only spirit you on! Soon, you will be bring them all back together and life will happily move on!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

You'll have to either play videos of your birds squawking or get some from YouTube and crank up the volume!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Lol. Or I could sleep until well after sunrise

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Today I dropped off the 40lbs of food plus some other random supplies at the house of the lady taking care of my Ringnecks while I move. These beauties were lining the road to her house!

328376ae111956efeadba1eaa9c817d3.jpg
1e342322cdfba2452dc292fde2b1be1d.jpg
5d90485459d197aef9922668fdea407d.jpg
efcfc71fbe212bd750485151b37ec48e.jpg
39cf98483edb336efd3829fc04274c24.jpg

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
We are currently in GA and have found a house! We put in an offer and it's been accepted! Only a few more days until I see my dog!

Then a little longer until the cat and birds come home. In the mean time I'm resisting buying a hamster. I do NOT function well without pets!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
We are currently in GA and have found a house! We put in an offer and it's been accepted! Only a few more days until I see my dog!

Then a little longer until the cat and birds come home. In the mean time I'm resisting buying a hamster. I do NOT function well without pets!

Oh dear. Stay strong. I understand-really I do-but a hamster? They will keep you awake until dawn when the birds wake you up. And then they'll die. They die a lot.

Congratulations on the new house and I'm sure your dog will be even happier to see you.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
But they are SO CUTE!

lol don't worry, I do have SOME self control still. Not much, but enough to prevent me getting a hamster just because my other babies are far away. Probably.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Welcome to the Eastern Time Zone of North America! Where everything starts earlier as does the night! I'm guessing you are just about adjusted (somewhat) and Jet lag is slowing passing.

Safe trips!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
I'm not sure if jet lag is passing or not lol, between the baby, the time zones, and just the general upheaval along with a nasty cold, I'm pretty much exhausted but it will settle soon I'm sure :)

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
god I would never be able to cope with that much upheaval! (I say when looking into moving to japan)

dogs, cats, birds, house and a baby! Gah! You're made of tougher stuff than I

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
I think most people could handle it if they had to; most people just don't have to!

What's prompting your potential move to Japan? Will you be able to take your bird?

Most Reactions