It has begun!

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
I went there last year on my first trip without parents and completely fell in love with the place. Felt very much at home there. I haven't looked into it too much taking a bird, I would first need to worry about learning the language and looking for a job. I know people own birds out there, I'd just have to get mine through border control I guess. I know vets can get passports for them so should be okay.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I went there last year on my first trip without parents and completely fell in love with the place. Felt very much at home there. I haven't looked into it too much taking a bird, I would first need to worry about learning the language and looking for a job. I know people own birds out there, I'd just have to get mine through border control I guess. I know vets can get passports for them so should be okay.

I was curious and found this: Notification System for the Importation of Animal

See note 3, pertains to areas free of avian influenza. Didn't see the UK on the list.

Good luck, I hear learning Japanese is challenging for English Speakers!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
So in the last two weeks..
-all pets left the home to go to my lovely friends in 4 states who are helping out with the move.
-I went to Georgia, picked a house, and got the ball rolling on paperwork.
-I was misdiagnosed with preeclampsia (that was terrifying!)
-I was actually diagnosed gestational diabetes and now I have to learn how to manage that.
-I bought a car and a Jeep and I'm about to buy a trailer
-I got this season's DNA results back
-I flew to Minnesota and was reunited with my dog! (Still separated from my husband, birds, and cat).

54eeb7ef2b4f4db39e66805cf8b9247d.jpg

Soon to come this week;
-gender reveal for my newest niece or nephew
-Go home to SD
-Be reunited with my non-Ringneck birds :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

How bored will you be when this is all over??? :D

Glad you don't have preeclampsia. There was an ER episode (NBC Series) about preeclampsia that won 5 Emmy awards. Any fan of the series will instantly recall "Love's labor lost." :5_sad:

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
We used to watch ER I think; was it with Dick Van Dyke?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Most of what you need to know about ER: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ER_(TV_series)

Fifteen seasons, baby! My all-time favorite TV series!!

Notable stars include George Clooney, Anthony Edwards, Noah Wyle, Juliana Margulies, Sherry Stringfield, and lots more.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
How have I missed this thread?!?

Dani, congratulations on your pregnancy!!! And on your massive move! Wow, what an undertaking! 40 birds, a dog, a cat, a husband, a baby in the most natural of carriers... and a partridge in a pear tree! Most impressive, and 'nuff props!

When do you move into your new home? So happy for you! Just try not to overdo it working on that aviary. (Stern face!)3rd trimester is not the time to be playing around. Have someone else do the heavy lifting whilst you sit and point.

Think you'll miss Hawaii much? I know I do, and I've only vacationed there twice! (It's actually where I popped the question. Such a beautiful place.)

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
We HOPE to move in mid August and get the birds set up by early September.

My mom will be with me and help, and before you think "wouldn't your dad be more useful?" No, my mom. My mom also built two bedrooms, three closets, and a bathroom into our basement. So I should be good to go! Plus aviary pieces aren't that heavy. The trick is going to be the Georgia summer heat!

The aviary plans are actually quite complex and involve built in misters on one end and a solid roosting section on the other with heated perches and a place for an actual heater if necessary, but I really only need a working wire box with a door and a floor before they arrive :)

I think I will miss Hawaii eventually, but right now I just miss my husband who is still there.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Hurray dani...im sorry i missed this thread as well. Georgia isnt that far from me either:) im glad things are going well for you and your family..how exciting!!!

Tsali

Jul 22, 2016
Parrots
Tsali - African Grey- I am a one parrot parent. It's a full time job keeping Tsali healthy and happy.
Wow! What a wild ride life can be! Hope things are finally falling into place. Tsali and I are almost near neighbors. We live in Rome, hopefully moving to Florida in the near future.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
I'm now in South Dakota! That means I have my dog and my cockatiels and green cheeks! Now just missing the husband, cat, and Ringnecks!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Back with my pup
6113e5c78ddd695f46cea98630535f22.jpg

Ranger with Cado, my inlaws dog
55588c375c08488b8fcfb63c430a0765.jpg

Ranger with Thor, my parents dog
286e6325f8aff97091766f26cbccfe40.jpg

Ranger apparently glad to be back with things that smell like me
28323af951d1c41319d34af91ff4cd58.jpg

We are still in South Dakota and my husband is still in hawaii

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Back with some of my flock

Glorie seems to be the happiest to see me
8269e5ec80d9aa3b0c11f302aa2e497a.jpg

Honi couldn't care less about humans, as usual.
427c36ebdf09961cbefb3a726cef23db.jpg

Makoa seems to have weathered the big move ok so far
f9b7f043f5e45fbf1162f4cef3d5c83f.jpg

And Titan is large and in charge, as always
8f6c32610a3d28dae46c43363014c320.jpg

These four, my dog, and my mom and I will all be making the 25 hour drive to GA soon.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Lovely pics, pleased you and your feathered and fur family are reunited, safe onward trip to all.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Great pics, Dani! Glad you've been reunited with at least part of your household. Safe trip to GA!!! (25 hours? That's a straight up journey!)

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Well we are well into our trip, currently on our second night in a hotel. The birds are handling it really well. The dog is stressed but handling it like a trooper! So far we have driven through South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, part of Illinois, and are spending tonight in St. Louis Missouri.

The birds are traveling in carriers and enjoying their freedom each evening . Fortunately we have been able to find pet friendly accommodations but there have been some startled looks when people as how many pets will be staying!!

459bc00484e039f023308fe8e304e562.jpg
245f9eec2c92f2030d2ce29190998066.jpg
6bcdf2140760611c53f200f7b5cb1695.jpg

Also I'm now really freaking pregnant! Im extremely grateful that my mother is traveling with me! She is a lifesaver and will be staying at least until my husband makes it to the mainland, which will HOPEFULLY be before the baby comes!

0aa29cbb9cd3460506df97f13cb9daa8.jpg

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Dani, laughing at the thought of people seeing all the birds, a dog and a pregnant woman unloading and entering the Motel #Montypython sketch LOL.

Safe onward trip to your destination, take care of yourself, know your limits each day. Good to hear from you and see your pics.

Most Reactions

Latest posts