It pays to call

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
So I got the card about Bird Talk's demise :( and see they are switching the rest of the subscription to Dog Fancy. Well that's nice of them but I'd rather have Cat Fancy! So I called..and they switched it. Good deal! She said though that there was probably already a Dog Fancy in the system for me..well that's ok, let's just hope it features Huskies and not some little lap poochie. ;)

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I can't believe they are just transferring subscriptions, they should be refunding money IMHO.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I emailed them a couple days ago asking it I can have Wild Bird instead of Dog Fancy, but haven't gotten a reply. I am going to try calling tomorrow.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
I think if you call you can also request a refund instead.

OP
Wulfgeist

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
The refund would be nice, especially in the hard times I'm facing right now..but..meh..I think I got the card for the $10 sub, half probably gone by now no big deal for me. I'd rather just keep getting something to look through but that'll probably be the next to get the axe. And I didn't know they had a wild birds one..hmm.. Jasper is going to miss his pinups but maaaaaaybe he'll get used to having cat pinups? Nah, I doubt it. :D

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
I purchased my subscription thru Amazon in March. I emailed them today and they refunded the entire subscription cost which was only $13 but hey I'll take it. They were very cheap on the subscription cost so I almost didn't bother. Tells me that Amazon is a great place to purchase subscriptions along with everything else.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Same card came to me with Dog Fancy. I also called and told them I had no interest in Dog Fancy. I should get a refund now. I do not understand how they can just switch a person and not know which mag. they would want.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

0002018D.gif

I would be upset as well

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
So I got the card about Bird Talk's demise :( and see they are switching the rest of the subscription to Dog Fancy. Well that's nice of them but I'd rather have Cat Fancy! So I called..and they switched it. Good deal! She said though that there was probably already a Dog Fancy in the system for me..well that's ok, let's just hope it features Huskies and not some little lap poochie. ;)

That made me lol!

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
Got a reply email today. Wild Bird is also being discontinued. Think I will just ask for a refund. Buy a bird toy instead lol.

OP
Wulfgeist

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA

That made me lol!

:D I grew up with Boxers and Great Danes. I just can't help it, I have no interest in little dress-up dogs.

Most Reactions

Latest posts