It's back to just me and Stitch.. pics(!) inside

osnyder

Sep 26, 2011
Philadelphia
Parrots
Stitch the Blue Crown Conure
Hello good people. About six weeks ago I adopted a 15 year old nanday conure from Wings of Hope in NJ. I am sad, but also relieved to report that I took him back to the foster family this past weekend. The match was not working at all. There was no information about his previous life, so at the very least I found some more things out, so his ACTUAL forever family will be the right fit. Major kudos to WOH-- they are amazing.

So I'm back to life with Stitch and I think I am gonna keep it that way: I'm a one bird girl from here on in. He's perfect, and doesn't seem to care one way or another if he's got a bird companion during the day, and so I'm not messing with it any more. Stitch seems happier, the apartment is quiet and peaceful most of the time now, and all is well.

Stitch is in major feather regrowth mode, but past the irritable stage. He wants me to scratch him as much as possible and work those pin feathers..

osnyder-albums-bird-friends-picture7759-photo-5.jpg

osnyder-albums-bird-friends-picture7758-photo-4.jpg

osnyder-albums-bird-friends-picture7757-photo-3.jpg

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
Wha a cute blue crown conure. I do like that movie Paulie. The reason my mom bought me a green cheek conure as a child was because I liked birds (had a cocktiel at that time) and because of that movie.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I love him. Great photos. My Gilbert is just perfect most of the time as well!

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
Blue crowns are such fun. My pair are a bit noisy but most of it is just Tootsie complaining about being old to any and all who will listen as well as those who don't want to. She goes off and Rosco just joins in cause Tootsie is squawking. I think he believes it is fun. Rosco is a rescue and over the past year he has been coming out of his shell. Still does not seek me out for companionship but he is a really cool bird. Most of the time. ;)

Sorry to hear that the nanday was not a good match but I hope that his time with you will help him find his way in the future.

Most Reactions