It's been awhile and time for an update!

KalieLovesBirds

Jul 30, 2015
Parrots
Ruby- 5 y.o. CAG;
Pharaoh, Emmy, and Sky-Quakers of unknown age;
Maui- 8 m.o. Catalina macaw
It's been awhile since I've been on so it's time for an update on Maui. He turned 8 months today and has started to pick up on a few words.

He says Hi every time I come into the room but his new favorite phrase is 'come on'. If he starts walking to the kitchen he will tell you to 'come on'. If he wants to come out of his cage it's either 'come on' or 'come here'.

He absolutely LOVES bath time. He does not like being in the shower yet but loves getting completely soaked with a mister. He comes running when you tell him it's bath time.

He's also learned his first trick... shaking hands... or I guess shaking hand and foot.

He climbs into my lap to cuddle when he's tired and tries to jump on the couch when he wants to hang out.

He's also expanding his diet and opening up to new things more readily.

However, he HATES UPS drivers for some odd reason and will let out blood curdling screams anytime he sees the truck and them approach the
Door. He isn't like this for any other strangers though.

His new favorite activity is to roll onto his back but he has to be holding your hand and he will bite down hard as he does this and this is something I've been trying to break for awhile now. It's cute until the bite comes and I'm not sure why he does it. I will have to try and record it next time to post and see if anyone has advice on why he not only holds my hand and rolls over but bites down in the process. I thought maybe holding my hand was a security thing for him as well as the clamping down in the process but I am not sure.

Last edited:

Most Reactions