Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
2Juhz7u.jpg

This is Jester. He's a gorgeous light blue colour and when I was getting him I noticed he held his left wing a little low. it didn't put me off though! It actually motivated me to get him so I could make sure he got any care he needed.

The vet said it's likely an old break from when he was a chick and that he was probably malnourished, which also caused one of his toes to not be able to grip. He's otherwise healthy and happy!

He is the sweetest little bird, he can fly but not as quick as my other budgie and he gets tired quickly but boy does he try! He's still pretty nervous around me but he's never bitten me even when I've had to hold him and he's always singing to his friend Piper. He even gets along with my GCC!

I'm so glad to have this little guy as part of my flock :)

Jester is so beautiful! I am so glad you brought him home and gave him a chance to be the happy boy he is.

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Oh, Sweet, Beautiful Patches. I am so glad you posted this. I bet that he & Phoe have become friends, and that makes me happy.

Oh my goodness... this made my eyes tear up. What a sweet, lovely thing to say! Thank you :)

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots
Sun t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ C̶o̶n̶u̶r̶e̶ terrorist Cytrynka (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fiona (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fionek (M)
Penny plucks her neck. And the tip of her right toe is missing, which is sad because she is right footed. Also I fear she has a stricture that may make her lose the next joint on that toe...
laurasea-albums-penny-picture20983-img-20190102-143827445-hdr-2.jpg

I really love this picture, @Laurasea. Penny looks great surrounded by the flowers!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Thanks! It's a Camellia bush flowers in winter, not native so I didn't plant the previous owners did. But I do enjoy winter flowers!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
HELLLLLLLP!
This month's entries are too, too, TOOOO precious. It's times like this that I love our community more than ever.
Terry, this is the BEST! Just a beautiful idea.

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.

PHOE..... WE LOVE/MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that... "Imperfect Kise"

She has broken feathers because she couldn't fly, Climbing all over her cage and falling down.

"Every time she falls, there goes a broken feather. :("

She was always downside up in her cage,

heedless-albums-baby-kise-picture20990-imperfect-kise-broken-feathers-couldn-t-fly.jpg

Took six months back and forth to her vet. She is now a perfect spoiled BRAT, flying around and knocking things upside down. :eek:

heedless-albums-baby-kise-picture20991-baby-kise.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Yes those magnificent fully feathered darlings are of course gorgeous, but it’s those “perfectly imperfect” types, maybe a little moth-eaten round the edges from the odd misadventure but proud and dignified nonetheless that tug on the heartstrings every time!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

PHOE..... WE LOVE/MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that... "Imperfect Kise"

She has broken feathers because she couldn't fly, Climbing all over her cage and falling down.

"Every time she falls, there goes a broken feather. :("

She was always downside up in her cage,

heedless-albums-baby-kise-picture20990-imperfect-kise-broken-feathers-couldn-t-fly.jpg

Took six months back and forth to her vet. She is now a perfect spoiled BRAT, flying around and knocking things upside down. :eek:

heedless-albums-baby-kise-picture20991-baby-kise.jpg

Kise is stunning. I am so thrilled that she is flying now, and has blossomed with your loving care.

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
My entry. This was cheddar's last day, she was ill her whole short life and even only hours from passing on, she was the most perfect imperfect baby bird I've ever loved.

yumgrinder-albums-flock-picture20770-00100lportrait-00100-burst20181105101903109-cover.jpg

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
My entry. This was cheddar's last day, she was ill her whole short life and even only hours from passing on, she was the most perfect imperfect baby bird I've ever loved.

yumgrinder-albums-flock-picture20770-00100lportrait-00100-burst20181105101903109-cover.jpg

Sweet, sweet Cheddar. I'm so glad she knew your love for her in her too short life, and that it comforted her. There is something so special about our perfectly imperfect babies.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
This contest has inspired some of the mot beautiful, heartfelt sharing I have ever observed here.
Just wonderful.
Terry, you really tapped into our souls with this one.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
This contest has inspired some of the mot beautiful, heartfelt sharing I have ever observed here.
Just wonderful.
Terry, you really tapped into our souls with this one.

I truly love the posts and entries for this month,and these gorgeous, wonderful birds who have stolen our hearts.

sherylb

Jul 21, 2018
Media
Utah
Parrots
Kiwi the Quaker
Jack the IRN
Finley the BF Amazon
Jack, imperfectly shy! LOL

21910d1546917638-january-2019-potm-img_6046.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6046.jpg
    IMG_6046.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 347
Last edited by a moderator:

dregarciatat2

Nov 4, 2018
This is Gorgeous George... he is the son of two of my older macaws (a blue and gold & a milligold) we assume he was laying against the egg and that’s why his beak is curved to the side... doesn’t stop him from being fabulous!
89652a313fc795394cad10f41197caab.jpg
634688c88759cf87478cdb261f43f18a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staciej

May 25, 2018
2af18a3d8308380aeb2ef577df1afdd0.jpg

This is Skittles our sun conure. He had both legs broken in the nest box and was given to us by the breeder to basically take home and make comfortable as we were told he wouldn’t survive he wasn’t growing or growing feathers we took him home and spoon fed him and he started thriving and our vet told us he would never perch and 6 years later he is still with us and perching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breeze

Dec 27, 2017
Australia
Parrots
Duckie -( passed ) 1.5yrs Yellow-sided GCC

Eden- 14/8/2017 High-red pineapple conure

Indi- 12/11/2017 White bellied caique

Asher- 15/1/2018 - Black capped conure

Wolfie- 21/10/2017- Alexandrine
999f4e9dfa91d95f38544b1c0908c069.jpg

Mummy says I look like a lil alien when I have a bath- Indi

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots
He had both legs broken in the nest box and was given to us by the breeder to basically take home and make comfortable as we were told he wouldn’t survive he wasn’t growing or growing feathers we took him home and spoon fed him and he started thriving and our vet told us he would never perch and 6 years later he is still with us and perching.

That's the testimony of great love and care. I'm happy Skittles have found you!

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots

Beautiful picture of a beautiful bird. What else to say?...
Is it only me that see the towel around her head is Heart-shaped?

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
Beautiful picture of a beautiful bird. What else to say?...
Is it only me that see the towel around her head is Heart-shaped?

I LOVE this picture. I cherish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions