Jardine's Parrot???

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
Sun Conure (Clifford), two budgies (Odin and Diana), and CAG (Bongo)
Took Guy to the breeders today when I went to see Bongo. Guy is a red factor sun. The breeder was instantly in love and so was Guy. He stepped up, sang, whistled, cuddled in his shirt, and called him a pretty guy. WOW!!! He still has him until he can get him in a carrier so I can take him back home. He has no room for him right now. Guy loved him so so so much.:(
Anyway, he said "lets trade" and wants to keep Guy as his personal baby. But he has no room, no spare cages right now and the only thing he has besides cockatoos and mccaws is a 10 year old Jardine's parrot.
I am highly entertained every day with this bird. I am the only one he plays with. We play this game, he makes a noise, then i repeat. Today I must have got it right because he said "good boy".
His mate died 2 years ago and after that he started plucking his chest feathers. Happily he has not plucked a feather in almost a year.
He is brilliant. He talks, rings like the phone, does a truck backing up, whistles, and will mimick anything in the world. He is not tame. wont step up from inside the cage but will from outside, does not bite or scream, and he is very pretty.
I know nothing of Jardine's. If nothing else I would be willing to foster him for a while until my breeder has room to take him back. If it means Guy has chosen his daddy, that would just make me the happiest person alive.
Does anyone know anything about these birds?

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
I know nothing of Jardine's, sadly but this sounds like it could be a great trade-off, even if it's just until the breeder has room to take him back. Sounds like Guy has found his... guy, lol. And there is NOTHING better than that for him at this point, IMO.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

OP
Cliffordsmom

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
He can definatley have him if Guy loves him that much all I want is for this baby to find happiness. He wont let me take him home so I guess he is going to the breeder's hous for a sleepover tonight and we will figure something out tomorrow.

michell448

Sep 27, 2010
Illinois
Parrots
TAG (Gabby)
Indian Ring Neck (Kiwi)
B&G Macaw (Petey)
My sister recently adopted a 4 year old Jardine. She is one of a kind. Sweet, loving and very attached to my sister. She lets anyone pick her up. She is not very loud and jabbers a lot. Has a very small vocabulary. My sister has had her for about 6 weeks and you would never know it. You would think they have lived together forever. The only problem she has with her is that she is very jealous of other animals, even the cats. Other than that she is a fantastic bird.

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
Oh that is wonderful. Sounds like Guy has found him a daddy. That is so neat when A bird picks you. Sounds like he will be very happy. Hope it all works out ........
Thanks for caring about Guy.:)

OP
Cliffordsmom

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
here's a picture. Not the Jardine's at the store, but looks just like him.
jardines-parrot-32376.jpg

The breeder will have pics of him and Guy tomorrow :)

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Good looking bird for sure. I love reading your post because they are so interesting. You have an eventful bird life for sure.

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
This is very exciting!! I am glad you have found someone that Guy actually chose! So cool. I do not know anything about Jardine's parrots, but I have heard good things. The picture is very adorable! Good luck with your decision.

Most Reactions

Latest posts