Jim's kids came home

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
The story of my relationship with these 2 birds is unfolding every day. I dunno if it's boring and ho-hum for the forum family or if I should continue to provide daily updates.

Today, 4/4/22, Beebs came out of his cage but just sat on the door perch until I went over and let him get on my hand. That was very rare when my brother was here. He got on my shoulder and put his head down... SCRITCH ME. I complied. He bit my ear (ouch) but wouldn't come around for face to face. Tomorrow is another day.

I personally LOVE your updates!

I'm new to bird ownership, and I am finding your daily tales are very comforting. I was just starting to get to know Jim and Amy and Bebe when I joined the forum (and I can say with certainty Jim didn't yet know me).

I think there's something incredibly special in seeing your relationship with Amy and Bebe develop. For people like me who are also new to this and have a bird who isn't a brand new socialized baby. And for people that have known a different side of Amy and Bebe.

If you're willing to continue sharing the "little" day to day things, I truly think it can help so many people and parrots who are getting to know each other as adults.

And of course you have a whole cheering squad here 24/7 both for your birdie relationships and your physical recovery! ❤️

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny: Sun conure, hatch 2/2021
Jims Bro- Boring?!?!?😳 WTH are your even implying??!!! No frickin way!!! I may be quite presumptuous in saying this, but I feel fairly sure that I speak for the whole community on this: Bring on the daily updates! Even if its not much, just seeing the connections and progressing relationships Is so heartwarming and encouraging. We all need love and great stories in our lives!
So- keep it up my friend!!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
LOL, David, you're among skads of parrot nerds! We love reading about things like that, so if it's not taxing on you, update away. And for a few of us that knew your brother personally, it helps keep his memory alive. Thanks so much for taking the time !

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Rb TALK.jpg

"Who's a ParRot NerD?"

Xb TALK.jpg

"WHAT'S a paRRot nerd?"

OP
JimsBrother

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
I let Beebers out tonight. He flew to the top of Amy's cage and pretty much just eyeballed me, like he didn't know what to do. Then he did a mad flappa flappa flappa and flew a quick buzz around my head and back to the cage. Don't think I've ever seen a wings display like that from him before. I felt the wind on my neck, and I figured he was gonna land on my shoulder. Nope. Sooner or later he will though.

Dave

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
I love this please keep giving us updates, Jim didn't know me but i feel he is a wonderful person so thanks for taking care of Jim's bird thank you!!!
I am very happy with the progress of the birds
I Hope you grow a very big bond with Jim's birds, you surely will!!!
Jim definitely is thankful and grateful that you are taking care of his birds ,Thank you!!! he definitely appreciates this!!!
I just saw this thread now so thank you!!!

Thank you
for taking care of Jim's bird
Jim is definitely happy
that you are taking care of his birds
Thank you!!!
I cant stop saying thank you
Thank you!!!
God bless you
Jesus is definitely happy
from what you did
Bless you
Thank you
We all thank you!!!

OP
JimsBrother

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
It's BB's turn out of the cage. First he flew into the kitchen screen door for a surprise... must have given him a shock, cuz the next time I see him he's walking on the floor. He walked to me and climbed up my leg -

BB climbing my leg.JPG

On my knee...

Bird on my knee.JPG

Then up to my shoulder -

Beebs on my shoulder.JPG

He didn't sing his happy songs, but he did ask for head scricthes.

Dave

Most Reactions

Latest posts