paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012
So jinx's biting has calmed down alot to what it was due to him being in his cage more often but now he's starting to add insult to injury both my dad and brother find this funny as hell so he's sitting on my hand chilling out watching tv when for no reason what so ever he gets hyped up into a playful mood and turns into a maniac I tell him to calm down in a soft voice so he kindly gives me a nip on the hand then to add the insult to the injury he decides to take a crap on me then buggers off back to his perch its not behaviour I want from him although I must admit I find it funny as hell but i don't show that I think its funny so i tell him he's a bad birdie he then decides to turn his head upside down and give me a look so then I give him the evil eye and then he turns around facing away from me as to say kiss my butt pal lol he's such a wind up but i love him to bits even tho I could strangle his feathery little behind sometimes and that was a joke I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing he is my little boy and he has changed my life for the better. :D

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
LMAO. Great story, Paul.

I remember when I first got my Hunter, and my kids were playing with her. My then 11 year old was sitting on a recliner and had Hunter on his head. I warned him she may poop, and before I finished the sentence she did and it ran down his forhead towards his eyebrow. All of us needed to be diapered, that's how hard we were laughing. My son, of course, didn't find it the least bit funny.

I love hearing bird stories.....just saying.

OP
paulhanlon

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012
Lol no he hasn't pushed his look as far as pooping on my head yet plus the nip didn't hurt it was soft it was just the fact that he thought it would be funny to dump on me then bigger off back to his perch the look on his face when i said bad birdie was priceless tho lol. :p

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Way to go Jinx! Told you I loved that little guy. :D

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Lol! Well to be fair, Bella was taking a nap and she did a large poo on my shoulder. :D

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Okay doke I'll be waiting! What is Jinx doing now? ;)

melissasparrots

Feb 15, 2012
Iowa
Parrots
Greater Sulfur Crest Ariel
Goffin's Cassie
Cosmo Hyacinth
Diva, Gremlin, Sprout, Ellie and Oscar Yellow Naped Amazons
Daffy, Mama and Papa Quakers
Linnie the lineolated
+5 parrotlets
I think he was ready to be done sitting on you and when you didn't get the hint soon enough he bit you. The hint was that he pooped prior to take off. They usually do that when they are planning to fly rather than when its just a spontaneous act. Maybe in the future don't hold him so long. Or watch his body language and if you see him leaning away from you, pointing his body elsewhere etc. then put him down. Also, baby amazons can sometimes just give you a good solid crunch for no aparent reason. I think it feels good on their jaw muscles and they haven't quite worked out the self control needed to save it for a toy.

Most Reactions

Latest posts