Jonesy and Amy meet for the first time

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Well sooner or later I knew they had to. I was on the couch watching tv and both were out on top of their homes. Jonesy climbed down and walked over to me for a pistachio and made a mess on the carpet.

Little did I know, Amy had climbed down from her mansion, and was under the coffee table, about two feet away. Jonesy saw her <he has been inquisitive of her> and walked out to the middle of the room.

I took the opportunity to get off the couch and sit on the floor between them. Amy came out from under the table and was on the other side of me. I handed her a pistachio also and she just sat there munching down and making a mess.
Jonesy came around me and walked towards Amy. I was prepared to shoo one of them away. He walked right up to her, she fluffed her head a bit and her tail went out and bobbed her head a bit, and Jonesy GENTLY preened her! but only for a couple seconds and walked away. Amy didn't try to fight or yell at him.

On another note, about Jonesy biting when I try to get him to step up on my hand when he is on his roof..When he was on the floor, just feet away from his house, he had no trouble at all of getting right on my hand. The biting MUST be because I loom over him when he is on his roof. Got to put his home up higher I guess;

Jim

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Sounds like a nice first date...... chaperoned of course! Will be interesting to see if they become bonded buddies or wary competitors for attention.

Most Reactions

Latest posts