July POTM Contest

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
Is there any reason why we cannot post a reply on last month's POTM contest winner? The thread does not appear to be closed. I tried to add a comment but it won't let me.

The thread is closed. All POTM contest threads are closed at the end of the submission period. If you'd like, you can post on the June POTM poll thread. Right here.

http://www.parrotforums.com/photo-month-contest/55026-june-potm-poll.html

Oh ok, the previous ones said closed and I didn't see it on that one. Must have missed it. I just wanted to comment that the winner's entry was based on the American Gothic painting, and funny enough when we went to pick up our goffins Mako, he was from the town of Eldon, Iowa and lived just a few streets down from the American Gothic house in the painting-so while we were there we stopped by and shot a photo of him in the temporary travel cage in front of that house. Small world ;)
F6361DEC-3CCB-4E07-A6DB-A667D9BA5557_zps2s80l7fy.jpg

Skybird

May 2, 2015
NE Ohio
Parrots
Skylar -- CAG 10 yrs old
Reggie -- Amazon Blue Front 15 yrs old
Is there any reason why we cannot post a reply on last month's POTM contest winner? The thread does not appear to be closed. I tried to add a comment but it won't let me.

The thread is closed. All POTM contest threads are closed at the end of the submission period. If you'd like, you can post on the June POTM poll thread. Right here.

http://www.parrotforums.com/photo-month-contest/55026-june-potm-poll.html

Oh ok, the previous ones said closed and I didn't see it on that one. Must have missed it. I just wanted to comment that the winner's entry was based on the American Gothic painting, and funny enough when we went to pick up our goffins Mako, he was from the town of Eldon, Iowa and lived just a few streets down from the American Gothic house in the painting-so while we were there we stopped by and shot a photo of him in the temporary travel cage in front of that house. Small world ;)
F6361DEC-3CCB-4E07-A6DB-A667D9BA5557_zps2s80l7fy.jpg
Oh my goodness.....that is so awesome! I never really knew there was a house like that! Thanks for sharing it. And your Mako is so adorable!! Thanks Jody, Reggie and Skylar
:green::grey:

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
How fun! I always love a new photo project with my fids. I'll see what I can muster up! ;)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa

If you are talking about not being able to reply here:
http://www.parrotforums.com/announcements/55131-june-potm-winner.html it's because only Administrators and Moderators can post in the "Announcement" section. :)

Ok thanks, I get confused on these internet forums. So not tech savvy.

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
"Oh my goodness.....that is so awesome! I never really knew there was a house like that! Thanks for sharing it. And your Mako is so adorable!! Thanks Jody, Reggie and Skylar"

Thanks :) He's kind of a mess, an emotional stress plucker. Three homes in less than a year so it's no wonder. We're working on it. He started severely plucking his wings when he was rehomed to the second owner, and when he was rehomed again to us it became worse-he went into plucking overdrive all over his body so he looks bad now. I had to get him a collar from protective petals to stop him from hurting himself. It's obvious to us that he's seriously mourning the loss of his first owner, he calls out for the former owner's son by name. They rehomed him due to chronic medical issues. It's so sad, poor bird. All I can do is my best which I'm trying to do for him. He's got tons of toys and good pellets and fresh foods that he never had before. We love on him all the time. We made him a big tree stand out of safe wood with toys all over it. I wish it was enough to keep him happy but nothing seems to help stop the plucking yet. It's only been a few months so hopefully in time he'll recover and get happier.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
We need some more entries, folks. Tomorrow is the last day for submissions, so please, find your patriotic side and post some pics. :)

Most Reactions