July POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Just for fun! Always loved this pic, as it is so rare that I can catch Maya looking anything other than pristine! Do you know that anytime I approach her cage, she quickly swings away to the other side on her boing and wipes her beak clean on her highest perch before swinging back to the door all pleasant like to receive her visitor? Hilarity! so you know what she's saying, here:

"Oh, no you did not just take a picture of me like this!"
LtfdYGl.jpg

How proper and lady like! My bird could stand to learn a few manners from Maya.

She's stunning!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Just for fun! Always loved this pic, as it is so rare that I can catch Maya looking anything other than pristine! Do you know that anytime I approach her cage, she quickly swings away to the other side on her boing and wipes her beak clean on her highest perch before swinging back to the door all pleasant like to receive her visitor? Hilarity! so you know what she's saying, here:

LtfdYGl.jpg

What a studious character study of Maya! Absolutely beautiful!!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Breath-taking... but... ummm...

If looks could kill...

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
"I has apple! You can't has it but you's can look"

yumgrinder-albums-flock-picture19603-mvimg-20180318-085456.jpg

Precious!

Oh, and... apparently, this little avian wordsmith went to the same elocution-seminar as the Rickeybird!

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots
Sun t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ C̶o̶n̶u̶r̶e̶ terrorist Cytrynka (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fiona (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fionek (M)
BoomBoom said:
LtfdYGl.jpg

How proper and lady like! My bird could stand to learn a few manners from Maya.
She's stunning!

In this situation your bird would probably wipe his beak into your shirt in a flash. Sun conures tend to keep their beaks clean, but they don't care about our shirts :D

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
In this situation your bird would probably wipe his beak into your shirt in a flash. Sun conures tend to keep their beaks clean, but they don't care about our shirts :D

This is accurate! I've been trying to teach Boomer to "Wipe-Wipe" on his perch which he would do, but given the opportunity, he would always try to use my shirt as a napkin :D

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Oh, yes. That's universal Bird. Why wipe their beaks anywhere else when there's a handy shirt sleeve right here?

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
Mango: Male cockatiel, Ruby: Female eclectus

LtfdYGl.jpg

What an absolutely stunning image. so much detail, showing her fine ekkie feather!:red1:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

LtfdYGl.jpg
I love it! Patches is equally picky about the beak, but he's gotten used to me taking photos while he's eating. (as I sit here with yogurt smeared from wrist to shoulder. Thanks Patches!)

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rb's preferred 'napkin' is hair. Mine. When he needs a clean-up he likes to fly to my shoulder and bury his beak's deposits there. More than once, people have pointed out that food (chile seeds, banana, mushy pellets, carrot bits, etc.) is gracing my coiffure.

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
The Rb's preferred 'napkin' is hair. Mine. When he needs a clean-up he likes to fly to my shoulder and bury his beak's deposits there. More than once, people have pointed out that food (chile seeds, banana, mushy pellets, carrot bits, etc.) is gracing my coiffure.

I'm dying here :D :D Makes Rickeybird all the more adorable in my eyes.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17

My typical response to people who point out bird food is in my hair: at least it’s not poop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
You're all just simply THE BEST!

I always feel better about my litte Home Invader after hearing your sweet remarks.

Breeze

Dec 27, 2017
Australia
Parrots
Duckie -( passed ) 1.5yrs Yellow-sided GCC

Eden- 14/8/2017 High-red pineapple conure

Indi- 12/11/2017 White bellied caique

Asher- 15/1/2018 - Black capped conure

Wolfie- 21/10/2017- Alexandrine
-----THIS IS NOT MY ENTRY----

Okay so i have been working on the theme trying to get the best photos and i have just fell completely head over heels for my boy Wolfie, i just find him stunning!! Like the amount of love i have for all of my birds cannot be put into words. His little alfalfa feather in one of them photos is soo cute!!!!

Now my little indi, has had a obsession for papya she will just go ham on it for hours which gives the best photo opportunities she has made an absolute mess numerous amounts of times with her love of papya but i love her.

Attachments

• P1020322 2.jpg
    P1020322 2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 107
  • P1020385 2.jpg
    P1020385 2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 104
  • P1020492.jpg
    P1020492.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 103

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
-----THIS IS NOT MY ENTRY----

Okay so i have been working on the theme trying to get the best photos and i have just fell completely head over heels for my boy Wolfie, i just find him stunning!! Like the amount of love i have for all of my birds cannot be put into words. His little alfalfa feather in one of them photos is soo cute!!!!

Now my little indi, has had a obsession for papya she will just go ham on it for hours which gives the best photo opportunities she has made an absolute mess numerous amounts of times with her love of papya but i love her.

Sweet pics! I especially love the first one. He is in heaven with that papaya!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Stunning indeed.
All three photos are, but check out the amazing backlighting down her little throat in the second. It's so cinematic... like the center of the world is that fruit and her beak, which of course it is, in that moment.
Gee, Breeze... you're sure you don't want to enter that?????

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
just for fun! Always loved this pic, as it is so rare that i can catch maya looking anything other than pristine! Do you know that anytime i approach her cage, she quickly swings away to the other side on her boing and wipes her beak clean on her highest perch before swinging back to the door all pleasant like to receive her visitor? Hilarity! So you know what she's saying, here:

"oh, no you did not just take a picture of me like this!"
ltfdygl.jpg

love this!!!!!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Levi... PLEASE make your parront enter that picnic portrait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts