Just for fun- Which personality type are you?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I'm obsessed with the Myers Briggs test!!! I find it fascinating. I am an infp (mediator) and it is extremely accurate for me!

I'm the same, with a suffix of "T." Totally agree it is a great snapshot.

I have also taken the MMPI, a more complex test, both in the workplace and at home. Seems to portray more nuance than the Myers Briggs, but not much more practical "bang for the buck."

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Do you have room for another Mediator (INFP-t) ?

(Just got my clearance to join this forum, will do the formal introduction later tonight)

Thank you for posting this- it was fun to do and also to read what all the other people here found out.

UlyBirb

Feb 5, 2018
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Umbriel (Umbri)- Fischer's/Blackmask Lovebird •
Ulysses- Frosted Canary •
Zebra Finches
Like lots of you, I'm also an INFJ! How strange.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Great thread. I loved the insights to all who shared their answers. I just took and got
campaigner personality (ENFP, -A/-T), like many of you I see many truths , and some I'm on the fence about. But I liked at the end how they say , spooky how well we know you (paraphrasing)

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Thanks for grabbing this Blast From The Past. It really did a great job of defining the variations and groups of personalities that exist within Parrot Forums.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I just found this! :) I love these sorts of things. I’ve taken the Meyers Briggs a long time ago through a workplace, and I don’t remember exactly what it was, but it was a bit different than what I got today. Must’ve changed over the years!

I’m INTP - The Logician ... only 3% of the population supposedly, but there’s a few of us on this thread!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I read all of the Logician profile, and while it sounds like me in a lot of ways, it sounds exactly like my mom :eek: and our personalities are very different. Maybe the full length Meyers Briggs test would be more accurate? This stuff fascinates me though.

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.
Maniac/Hyperactive/Stubborn. :eek:

YUP... all the mixed-blood in me... that's ME... No kidding~ :rolleyes: :D

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
“The Debater” (ENTP-A) . 3%. The write up is pretty accurate. I'm in the company of Mark Twain and Adam Savage ;)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Wow, I kind of wish I hadn't taken the test or at least hadn't been so honest. Even worse, I remember taking the test a few years ago with the same results. ENTJ-A

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I just took this for Noodles and she got the opposite of my results LOL- Noodles (Umbrella Cockatoo) is an Entrepreneur (ESTP-t) LOL!!!! She, Madonna, Ernest Hemmingway, Jack Nicholson and Eddie Murphy share this descriptor hahhaha! SOOO ACCURATE! I love it....

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
OMG, what if we took the test as if our bird(s) were doing it?????

Okay, be right back...

The Rbird is... ESTP.

Strengths

Bold – People with the Entrepreneur personality type are full of life and energy. There is no greater joy for Entrepreneurs than pushing boundaries and discovering and using new things and ideas.
Rational and Practical – Entrepreneurs love knowledge and philosophy, but not for their own sake. What’s fun for Entrepreneur personalities is finding ideas that are actionable and drilling into the details so they can put them to use. If a discussion is completely arbitrary, there are better uses for Entrepreneurs’ time.
Original – Combining their boldness and practicality, Entrepreneurs love to experiment with new ideas and solutions. They put things together in ways no one else would think to.
Perceptive – This originality is helped by Entrepreneurs’ ability to notice when things change – and when they need to change! Small shifts in habits and appearances stick out to Entrepreneurs, and they use these observations to help create connections with others.
Direct – This perceptive skill isn’t used for mind games – Entrepreneurs prefer to communicate clearly, with direct and factual questions and answers. Things are what they are.
Sociable – All these qualities pull together to make a natural group leader in Entrepreneurs. This isn’t something that they actively seek – people with this personality type just have a knack for making excellent use of social interactions and networking opportunities.
Entrepreneur Weaknesses

Weaknesses

Insensitive – Feelings and emotions come second to facts and “reality” for Entrepreneurs. Emotionally charged situations are awkward, uncomfortable affairs, and Entrepreneurs’ blunt honesty doesn’t help here. These personalities often have a lot of trouble acknowledging and expressing their own feelings as well.
Impatient – Entrepreneurs move at their own pace to keep themselves excited. Slowing down because someone else “doesn’t get it” or having to stay focused on a single detail for too long is extremely challenging for Entrepreneurs.
Risk-prone – This impatience can lead Entrepreneurs to push into uncharted territory without thinking of the long-term consequences. Entrepreneur personalities sometimes intentionally combat boredom with extra risk.
Unstructured – Entrepreneurs see an opportunity – to fix a problem, to advance, to have fun – and seize the moment, often ignoring rules and social expectations in the process. This may get things done, but it can create unexpected social fallout.
May Miss the Bigger Picture – Living in the moment can cause Entrepreneurs to miss the forest for the trees. People with this personality type love to solve problems here and now, perhaps too much. All parts of a project can be perfect, but the project will still fail if those parts do not fit together.
Defiant – Entrepreneurs won’t be boxed in. Repetition, hardline rules, sitting quietly while they are lectured at – this isn’t how Entrepreneurs live their lives. They are action-oriented and hands-on. Environments like school and much entry-level work can be so tedious that they’re intolerable, requiring extraordinary effort from Entrepreneurs to stay focused long enough to get to freer positions.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I did the same and Noodles is also an entrepreneur lolollllll!!!!

john8terry

Jan 24, 2019
OMG, what if we took the test as if our bird(s) were doing it?????

Okay, be right back...

The Rbird is... ESTP.

Strengths

Bold – People with the Entrepreneur personality type are full of life and energy. There is no greater joy for Entrepreneurs than pushing boundaries and discovering and using new things and ideas.
Rational and Practical – Entrepreneurs love knowledge and philosophy, but not for their own sake. What’s fun for Entrepreneur personalities is finding ideas that are actionable and drilling into the details so they can put them to use. If a discussion is completely arbitrary, there are better uses for Entrepreneurs’ time.
Original – Combining their boldness and practicality, Entrepreneurs love to experiment with new ideas and solutions. They put things together in ways no one else would think to.
Perceptive – This originality is helped by Entrepreneurs’ ability to notice when things change – and when they need to change! Small shifts in habits and appearances stick out to Entrepreneurs, and they use these observations to help create connections with others.
Direct – This perceptive skill isn’t used for mind games – Entrepreneurs prefer to communicate clearly, with direct and factual questions and answers. Things are what they are.
Sociable – All these qualities pull together to make a natural group leader in Entrepreneurs. This isn’t something that they actively seek – people with this personality type just have a knack for making excellent use of social interactions and networking opportunities.
Entrepreneur Weaknesses

Weaknesses

Insensitive – Feelings and emotions come second to facts and “reality” for Entrepreneurs. Emotionally charged situations are awkward, uncomfortable affairs, and Entrepreneurs’ blunt honesty doesn’t help here. These personalities often have a lot of trouble acknowledging and expressing their own feelings as well.
Impatient – Entrepreneurs move at their own pace to keep themselves excited. Slowing down because someone else “doesn’t get it” or having to stay focused on a single detail for too long is extremely challenging for Entrepreneurs.
Risk-prone – This impatience can lead Entrepreneurs to push into uncharted territory without thinking of the long-term consequences. Entrepreneur personalities sometimes intentionally combat boredom with extra risk.
Unstructured – Entrepreneurs see an opportunity – to fix a problem, to advance, to have fun – and seize the moment, often ignoring rules and social expectations in the process. This may get things done, but it can create unexpected social fallout.
May Miss the Bigger Picture – Living in the moment can cause Entrepreneurs to miss the forest for the trees. People with this personality type love to solve problems here and now, perhaps too much. All parts of a project can be perfect, but the project will still fail if those parts do not fit together.
Defiant – Entrepreneurs won’t be boxed in. Repetition, hardline rules, sitting quietly while they are lectured at – this isn’t how Entrepreneurs live their lives. They are action-oriented and hands-on. Environments like school and much entry-level work can be so tedious that they’re intolerable, requiring extraordinary effort from Entrepreneurs to stay focused long enough to get to freer positions.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I did the same and Noodles is also an entrepreneur lolollllll!!!!
Okay, I'm strange, Protagonist, ENFJ-A. Consuela, my QP? DIVA. Yep. :cool:

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Wow, I kind of wish I hadn't taken the test or at least hadn't been so honest. Even worse, I remember taking the test a few years ago with the same results. ENTJ-A

My, Commander, you are in fine company! Steve Jobs, Harrison Ford, Margaret Thatcher, Jim Carrey, FDR, and, gasp, Tony Soprano!

Most Reactions