Just for Minzer

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Cool birdcrazy, thanks for the special treatment, lol. I think Shamu's fin is like that because they often swim in circles all day, and in the same direction, so the fin begins to tilt in that direction. Also, if you try to make them swim in the opposite direction around the tank to even it out, they will turn right back around, lol. I didn't make that up, I'm pretty sure that's what they said when I had my marine mammal course this summer. :)

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
that is very interesting minz ... thanks kelli! :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah if you look at a lot of these Orca's in captivity most of them are this way.

OP
birdcrazy

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
kelli__2007

kelli__2007
kelli__2007
kelli__2007

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Cool birdcrazy, thanks for the special treatment, lol. I think Shamu's fin is like that because they often swim in circles all day, and in the same direction, so the fin begins to tilt in that direction. Also, if you try to make them swim in the opposite direction around the tank to even it out, they will turn right back around, lol. I didn't make that up, I'm pretty sure that's what they said when I had my marine mammal course this summer. :)

Ya I've seen that before. Though Shamu's looks totally off.... my eyes are probably just tricking me though. :)

Most Reactions