Bubby the U2!

Dancake

Mar 8, 2020
United States
Parrots
Bubby (U2)
So if some of you recognize me as the guy who is rehoming his parrots, let me explain real quick how I ended up with another one, especially a cockatoo of all things.
I suffer from bipolar disorder, and was in a severe manic episode. I have an animal problem and tend to adopt more animals whenever I'm manic. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep him or not, for the same reasons I am rehoming my last two parrots. But in case I do keep him, I thought I'd start a thread on him. Please do not hate on me for what happened, I can barely control myself during severe manic episodes. I understand what happened was wrong and I do feel guilty for it.

Anyways, explanation over. Meet Bubby! He's a 3 year old Umbrella Cockatoo, and came from a home that was doing pretty much nothing right, and still somehow hasn't plucked. He came to me on an all seed diet, he currently only has the small cage they gave me (I'm saving up for a much bigger one! He currently only goes in there to eat/drink/sleep!) His previous owners constantly pet him on the back and under his wings, and he is incredibly hormonal from that and his seed diet. He also has a pretty bad clip. I'm currently trying to convert him to Roudybush pellets. He is tame, just not trained, and I can't train him until his diet conversion because he currently has zero food motivation. In this thread I will give updates on how he's doing and our progress.

IMG_3130.jpg
IMG_3129.jpg

(Volume warning!)

Here's pictures of the little cage he came with, it honestly breaks my heart.

IMG_3138.jpg

Most Reactions