Just got a Caique!

BHCowner

Oct 28, 2010
Parrots
Neo: Black headed Caique
Just make sure you keep in the back of your mind that at about 1 year old they will start to sexually mature... chances are they will not be like your experiencing now every day after that. They WILL get an attitude and will have days where they have to be left in the cage.

Do not get me wrong i am not trying to put you off, nothing like that at all, its just so easy to get wrapped up in how they are now that it can be very disheartning when they loose their temper when they grow up. As long as you remember that you will just take it in your stride and it wont bother you one bit as you will know that one day angry out of many isnt anything to get upset about.

OP
T

Tswift

Feb 3, 2011
Parrots
2 Caique Sisters- Ava and Sheik
I definitely understand your post, BHCowner. I have seen a nasty side of Ava when I introduced her to the Aviator Harness. I just put it next to her cage and she did NOT like it one bit. She has also had her stubborn momments where she did not want to step up or go back into her cage. But overall, the good outweighs the bad and I will make sure I am tolerant as Ava gets older and gets that typical Caique attitude.

Also, I have an announcement! I have made a youtube channel for Ava and her sister, Sheik. Feel free to comment and subscribe!
YouTube - CaiqueSister's Channel

OP
T

Tswift

Feb 3, 2011
Parrots
They are very quiet actually. They only scream for a few seconds when I leave. Their scream is usually not too loud either... I have heard their scream when they are frightened... Not a pretty thing. They are actually quieter when they are together because they never get bored and tire themselves out. If I am not home and Ava is not with her sister, she has a tendency to be loud sometimes. This could have something to do with hearing the other family members in the house. If they are together after the sun goes down, they enjoy preening themselves and laying ontop of each other in their tent haha- they dont make a peep. I couldnt imagine only having one!

OP
T

Tswift

Feb 3, 2011
Parrots
Hey, I just made a YouTube channel for Ava and her sister, Shiek, which is owned by my boyfriend. I'd love to subscribe to any other parrot-based channels :)

Here's the link: YouTube -CaiqueSisters's Channel

MeldiaForever

Jul 20, 2011
Names; Elefant, Red Head, Colors, Slippers, Sharpie, Marker, Bug, Bugie, Fethers, Furry. Female;Catiea, Kitty, Candy, Joelle, Jo, Cassandra, Blonde. Male; Willy Wanka, Puppy, Paint, spot, tatto, Joe, Evan, Prince Leon The Fith, Smalls, Girly.
Also nameing animals after someone in a good book or someone you love or mabye even the breder is an easy way to find a good name.

Most Reactions

Latest posts