Just got on the list for a new baby GCC

Phlox

Jun 16, 2014
I'd been debating about what I wanted to do for the last member of my flock for a while. I'd thought about a parrotlet and another budgie, etc. However, after much consideration and the fact that my much older (18, 14 and 6 yr old) birds don't want o play with Phlox...I just got on a waiting list for a new baby GCC. The baby should be weaned in Sept! One parent is normal and one is a yellow side, so we'll see how she turns out...though that's not super important in the big scheme.

I know the new baby and Phlox aren't guaranteed to like each other, but I think this is a much better chance for Phlox to have someone her size to play with vs. getting a different species or trying to convince my older birds that this rambunctious GCC is a good playmate. Phlox will be 8 months old or so when we get the new baby.

Anyone with multiple GCCs want to chime in about suggestions for introductions/socialization for the best chance of them being friends?

MrsKay

Jun 23, 2014
Media
Southern California
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Larry)
Canary (Norman)
Hi Phlox :)
I can't be of any help because I only have one GCC, Larry/normal green cheek.
Just want to share in your excitement.
I was considering another GCC for a while but talked myself out of it for the time being. I ended up falling in love with a beautiful Yellow/Orange male canary who we named Norman.
Don't forget to post the pics of your new baby!!!

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Woo hoo! That's so exciting!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Yay that is so exciting! :) You are so lucky! I have wanted another greeny for along time! I already have names picked out! :p But my dad hates Lilo and he thinks that every green cheek is like her :( So no but I am very excited for you! I'm sorry I can't help tho, I only have one green clown! :D :p

OP
P

Phlox

Jun 16, 2014
Anyone want to see a baby picture? LOOK AT THAT FACE!

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 106

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Awww...how adorable! Congrats! I can't give advice about introducing them...sorry. I don't think my 2 will ever be able to be out at the same time (because of Sassy...Cisco could care less). Keep the pics coming and again, congrats!

Most Reactions

Latest posts