Just got the call

jewels04

Feb 4, 2012
Parrots
JJ-sun conure hatched roughly 1/16/2012

Cinderella-white and blue female budgie hatched 4/08/12

Rigby-white and blue male budgie hatched 5/05/2012
After 2 weeks I finally hear back from the breeder. He said he would call about a week before the baby was ready to go, and me being impatient and couldn't wait any longer I finally broke down and call the breeder today and left a message asking how our baby was doing.

The breeder just called back and said our baby was on his last comfort feeding and he was expecting to get him off those by this weekend and so he'd be ready to come home to us next weekend!

We are SOOO excited and just can not wait to bring our new baby home. My husband is hard at work constructing a play stand for the new baby.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Yay! I think it's good you called, that just shows them how excited you are to bring your new baby home. :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I think it's good you called as well. Luckily the breeder for my BCC was very understanding with me, and let me visit every weekend. I think actually she enjoyed the company of another bird person. We stayed friends actually until, sadly, she passed a couple of years ago.

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
Jewels,
congrats, I hope everything works out for next weekend!!!

Roxynoodle,
I know its a little late but sorry for the loss of your breeder friend. Regardless of how long it's been, we always miss a true friend!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
She also had...150 birds she was trying to rehome when she knew she was sick. And at that time I wasn't certain what my fate was going to be as the local doctor thought I had pancreatic cancer. So I was reluctant to take any myself, wondering if I was going to need to be finding homes for my own animals. Now I wish I had taken one or more as I really loved some of them. She did find them all homes though, thankfully. I really wish I had taken Brianna's brother (Bri was my BCC who passed away in October). Thanks, MollyGreenCheeks for the condolances, although I don't want to make jewels thread sad. So I will stop now.

jewel has a new baby to celebrate, and that's always an exciting thing.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Congratulations! It will be a very long week!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Awesome ! How exciting for you ! Enjoy your new baby :)

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
Congrats! It will indeed be a long week but like others have suggested to me, fill it like you are with "getting ready for baby" activities like building the playstand.

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Congrats:D Its really exciting getting everything ready :) Lookingforward to seeing lots of pics

OP
jewels04

jewels04

Feb 4, 2012
Parrots
JJ-sun conure hatched roughly 1/16/2012

Cinderella-white and blue female budgie hatched 4/08/12

Rigby-white and blue male budgie hatched 5/05/2012
Thanks so much! I am so excited and I agree this week is going to DRAG! But I have survived this long I can wait another week.

The new baby isn't our first bird we've had cockatiels before and an amazon. The amazon was way too much bird for me though but the cockatiels were good and I have been around sun conures before and have wanted one FOREVER so I am just so excited!

I have been trying to keep busy cleaning the house. Figure I'll have the house spotless by the time the baby comes home!

Also some of our friends already want to come and visit the new bird how long should I wait before I let people come over? I know the baby will need to adjust to us let alone new people so should I wait a couple weeks before having everyone over to meet her (I call our baby a her but we don't know if it's a girl or boy). Or does it depend on the particular bird?

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Yes, I would see how quickly she adjusts to her new home. She may settle right in and welcome meeting new people, or she may need a few days or weeks or more.

Most Reactions

Latest posts