Just my luck!

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I have been looking for an albino budgie for about three or four months now, I've talked to some local breeders and put ads up on craigslist, kijiji, hoobly AND oodle, no luck.

Went to That Pet Place last night to get some more perches and toys for the new cages I've been setting up and what do you know, they had a gorgeous little albino! Even though I wasn't looking to buy from a pet store, That pet place is about the only store I would even consider buying a bird from and we decided to get her. Since the store is about an hour away from our house I didn't want to get her until we were leaving so she would be boxed as little as possible. We spent about 45 minutes shopping and came back to get her and there was a guy with his two kids picking out a budgie, we stood next to him as he picked a little white and blue pied out, I thought we were safe.... Next thing I know they are buying a second bird and it's our little albino baby! I couldn't believe it! I overheard him on the phone(I know, bad me, but oh well lol) and he said that apparently his landlord complained that they had a cat so instead they were getting the budgies :( I desperately wanted to explain to him that if he really wanted his kids to be able to interact with these birds that it would probably be best to only get one or cage them separately but he didn't seem like the persuading type.

I was completely shocked, when I worked at petsmart we usually only sold about 2 or 3 budgies in an entire week, I really didn't think that someone else would come in to this store on a monday night and pick out the exact bird I wanted(they had quite a few of them) before we left. Even the cashier over heard me talking to my other half and he asked me about it, he said that they don't sell them that often either and he couldn't believe that someone picked out the same bird we wanted within minutes of us getting her. Ugh, if only I had gone back a few minutes sooner she would have been ours! So I suppose the search continues lol, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

On top of me being pretty bummed out about that, we get home and I put my new heat lamp in a fixture and it didn't work! So now I have to find a way to get back to this store to return this bulb and get a new one. Not cool...

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
That's horrible. I think I would have spoken up and said "Hey no, we've already picked that one, we just wanted to get a few things first, ask the clerk" ..Confound the luck. I would have been really upset, probably more at myself for not somehow securing that sweet baby ahead of time :(

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
I'm sorry Icy , that really bites ! But , it wasnt meant to be. The right one is waiting for you somewhere. I would ask when they get their next delivery , if they had one in the bunch , they may get more. You never know...

Most Reactions

Latest posts