Kashi my new Alexandrine :)

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
Just got my new Alexandrine today.
My sister named her Kashi (Pronounced car-she) , she's about 12 weeks old.
She does look afraid of her new home, but she's still very curious. So far shes eaten her food, touching her toys and everything.

She's so cute. c:
Not too long ago I could hear her beak grinding.

HNI_0099.jpg

Here is a picture of her, more will be in one of my albums.
Breeder clipped her wings (she asked me if I wanted them clipped, I said yes as we have unsafe fans in the ceiling).

I know it's bad I didn't quarantine her, but I can't have her in a different room. (Not my house, and cannot fit cages into another room). I could put one of them outside, but our neighbours cats are a problem and scare my birds. Can only have them outside when im with them)

Anyway, Mr Parrot saw her and started to say hello. It was the cutest thing.

Last edited:

chadwick

Nov 7, 2011
Parrots
Yellow Collared Macaw
Aww so cute! Love the Alex's! Sounds like she is settling in nicely! Congrats!

OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
Thank you! :D

She saw me eating an apple not too long ago, she was looking at me like she wanted some. So I cut a piece for her and she took it from my hand. She's so sweet. (Didn't expect that, as she wasn't hand raised)

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Congratulation on your new baby... I absolutely love Alexandrines (they have been my dream bird for years).. and I finally got Max(ine)...

Max is not a touchy/feely bird... He loves my company, but not cuddles, and I'm fine with that... That's why I have birds and not cats...

I used to worry, when he came at me with his beak.. rather determined, but all he wanted was kisses... It's all my fault... When he was younger and he would accidentally nip, I would say 'gentle', hold his head and give him a kiss on his beak...

Now he gets kisses, whenever he wants them...

They say the Alexandrine is the most stable bird in temperament... I hope this is true.

OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
Today we had a break through.
Mr Parrot is picky when it comes to dry food (cornflakes).
Today he saw Kashi eating some cornflakes(she took it from my hand). Straight after that he got a bit jealous and started eating it.

Kashi is now all excited. She wanted out of her cage so she could explore the room. She's like touching everything around the room. Jumping from place to place, running around, it's so cute. She keeps coming back up to me, wanting to get on my hand so I can take her to higher places. ;) Or show her the things that are in the higher places, just so that she can touch them. :)

Last edited:
OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
Congratulation on your new baby... I absolutely love Alexandrines (they have been my dream bird for years).. and I finally got Max(ine)...

Max is not a touchy/feely bird... He loves my company, but not cuddles, and I'm fine with that... That's why I have birds and not cats...

I used to worry, when he came at me with his beak.. rather determined, but all he wanted was kisses... It's all my fault... When he was younger and he would accidentally nip, I would say 'gentle', hold his head and give him a kiss on his beak...

Now he gets kisses, whenever he wants them...

They say the Alexandrine is the most stable bird in temperament... I hope this is true.

They were one of my dream birds as well, I met one at my school. She was so clever :D

So now I have two :p
Mr Parrot does like cuddles, but he only likes it from me. He will like pats from others but that's it.

There beaks are quite scary :eek:
I haven't been bitten by the two yet, but If it does happen im pretty sure it will hurt.

Kashi seems to be very cuddly, she seems that she wants my attention all the time. I'm very surprised she settled in so fast, and that she was so friendly (as she was not hand raised).

Grats, I love alexandrines. :) She is beautiful!

Also thank you :D

Most Reactions