Keeping more than one parrot?

OP
H

HiteshParmar

Apr 29, 2020
India
Parrots
Budgie, Future planning African Grey
I am very happy from all my friends because you all are an expert. I'm glad to you all are share with us good and bad experiences. I have learned a lot of things from you guys. Thank you very much all friends.

Nov 1, 2019
Oregon
Parrots
Gracie, our Blue Fronted Amazon.
Greys are the best! Do you know there are two types? Congo and Timneh? The Congos are a little bigger.

I had a Congo that died from egg-binding, and it’s all my wife’s fault. One day, I will tell the story here.

Look for a YOUNG bird, or one that readily steps onto your hand. DON’T buy a bird that seems very scared of you. It is not your responsibility to “save” a problem bird, and don’t be tempted by a low cost. You don’t need or want the aggravation! Look for a friendly bird who LIKES you, even if it ISN’T a Gray!

Parrots aren’t like cats and dogs. They’re not going to suddenly change their opinion of you after a day.

Below is a photo of my Yellow Nape Amazon, 15 months, after eating sweet potato.
I did the rescue bird thing- it's a pain in the rear end, but a worthy cause. 8 months in, she still isnt fond of me [emoji2356] but she LOVES my husband.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Greys are the best! Do you know there are two types? Congo and Timneh? The Congos are a little bigger.

I had a Congo that died from egg-binding, and it’s all my wife’s fault. One day, I will tell the story here.

Look for a YOUNG bird, or one that readily steps onto your hand. DON’T buy a bird that seems very scared of you. It is not your responsibility to “save” a problem bird, and don’t be tempted by a low cost. You don’t need or want the aggravation! Look for a friendly bird who LIKES you, even if it ISN’T a Gray!

Parrots aren’t like cats and dogs. They’re not going to suddenly change their opinion of you after a day.

Below is a photo of my Yellow Nape Amazon, 15 months, after eating sweet potato.
I did the rescue bird thing- it's a pain in the rear end, but a worthy cause. 8 months in, she still isnt fond of me [emoji2356] but she LOVES my husband.

Sunshine Mama-- you never know---MY cockatoo (also a re-home) LOVED my (now-ex) boyfriend at first and then he (ex) actually got a bit irritated when she stopped treating him like he was God's gift to man lol (funny because he didn't like her nearly as much as me and because he never wanted her to like him at all LOL!!) ! Either way, being tolerated is a lot better than being hated! With patience and love, things can shift though! And no...lol-- we didn't break up because the bird stopped liking him as much!

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019
Oregon
Parrots
Gracie, our Blue Fronted Amazon.

Sunshine Mama-- you never know---MY cockatoo (also a re-home) LOVED my (now-ex) boyfriend at first and then he (ex) actually got a bit irritated when she stopped treating him like he was God's gift to man lol (funny because he didn't like her nearly as much as me and because he never wanted her to like him at all LOL!!) ! Either way, being tolerated is a lot better than being hated! With patience and love, things can shift though! And no...lol-- we didn't break up because the bird stopped liking him as much!
Bahahaha you KNOW that crossed my mind [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Most Reactions

Latest posts