Kinji talking and being a phone

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Last night when I was saying good night to Kenji he started making phone noises, and says "hello" this is Don" "this is Don very good".

So cute

[ame=http://youtu.be/Jihs-f0THXc]Kinji being a phone - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Looks like things are going great :) What does he think of you? Im sure he has a ton to say . Our rescue grey even now, does things we have never heard before.:p

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Sometimes when he first see's me he puffs up and let's out a alarm peep, but as I talk to him he calms down. The first time he saw my brother he let out a terrible loud growling distress call, something he's never done with me. Yesterday I gave him a little piece of chicken and let him lick my finger, kinda scary since his beak is so much bigger than Rosie's lol. If I don't have food he shies away from my hand, so I don't push it. His parronts said that he's never stepped up from his cage and has always been hand shy when inside of it. Once he settles in I'm going to start clicker training with him.

He has a small amount of trust in me. Every interaction we've had I've been respectful and havn't tried to intrude in ways he is uncomfortable with. I am excited for when he allows me to touch him for the first time :)

Last edited:

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Oh I know,having had both. A greys bite is way different than a RB2s.But look at it this way . Hes going to help even more with your understanding of birds . Im grateful with each one I have gotten. Its given me more and more confidence.

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I am very grateful that he will teach me more, and I'm expecting a bite at some point lol Rosie's is such a fantastic girl, she cares about me so much and has never bitten me hard. Working with Kinji who doesn't already know me, and wasn't abused and neglected, is going to be a fantastic experiance.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I admit, I cracked up laughing when Kenji said "This is Don." He says it PERFECTLY! Ashley, you must think you're living with a man now, LMAO. :D

Who's that strange man talking in your bedroom???

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I admit, I cracked up laughing when Kenji said "This is Don." He says it PERFECTLY! Ashley, you must think you're living with a man now, LMAO. :D

Who's that strange man talking in your bedroom???
It did freak me out at first, And my dogs kept running upstairs thinking someone was in the house LOL

Most Reactions