Kinny Art

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Good to hear from you, Liana! And you come bearing gifts! Most excellent!

Intriguing color choices, especially on the last two. And the last one seems a cockatiel/phoenix hybrid. Nice!

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Why thank you Julie! :D

Haha indeed Stephen! That was sort of my intention, seeing as I'm not fond of Cockatoos or Cockatiels, I had to make it a little more interesting. ^^

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel

Bald Eagle done as a Birthday Gift (Jo Sonja's Acrylic Paint):

IMG_7622_RS.jpg

My friend MissRachel's male Winged Unicorn 'Sachin' in Derwent Watercolour Pencils:

SACHIN.png.jpeg

And something a little off topic - I'm pregnant (i know, again!) - 13 weeks to be precise.
This is a photo of baby trying to chew on it's thumb whilst hiccupping.

NUCHAL%20%20TRANSLUCENCY%20%20SAMSAS%20%200043_1.jpg

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations, Liana!

Beautiful artwork as always! Thanks for sharing.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Whaaaaaaaaaat?!? Congratulations, Liana! I'm so happy for you! That's huge!

Beautiful art as well. I like the slight translucency of the wings on the winged unicorn. How do watercolor pencils work, exactly? Do you actually use water? Or are they thus named because they mimic the look of watercolor paints? I've always enjoyed using colored pencils as well.

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
Whaaaaaaaaaat?!? Congratulations, Liana! I'm so happy for you! That's huge!

Beautiful art as well. I like the slight translucency of the wings on the winged unicorn. How do watercolor pencils work, exactly? Do you actually use water? Or are they thus named because they mimic the look of watercolor paints? I've always enjoyed using colored pencils as well.
You can "paint" over watercolor pencils to create the watercolor effect, though it still maintains most of the pencil look, you can blend them together to create really smooth color transitions that might otherwise bleed together with watercolors. I don't use them too much but they are fun!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Ohhhhhhhhhh! Thanks for the info, Huckleberry! I hadn't heard of watercolor pencils, before. Though that's not necessarily unusual since it's been a few years since I've browsed an art supplies store. Lol

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Ohhhhhhhhhh! Thanks for the info, Huckleberry! I hadn't heard of watercolor pencils, before. Though that's not necessarily unusual since it's been a few years since I've browsed an art supplies store. Lol

Aquila is your 'other' Huckleberry??? :52:

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
You could shop from me, I've got art supplies coming out my ears! Between myself being a casual artist and my boyfriend being a graphic designer, oh boy.

Especially when my store liquidated in May, I bought up everything I could, including reams and reams of different kinds of paper. Resume, cardstock, colored papers, you name it, I have like 100lbs of various papers.

Don't even get me started on sharpies...

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
I didn't know you were an artist, Aquila. Ever posted any of your stuff? I'd love to see.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts

Ahem, Doc! Please explain!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

Hahahahahaha! Oops! I'd just finished reading 2 Allee threads in a row, and I guess I had Huckleberry on the brain. Could've sworn that post was from Allee, too!

Nope, there's only one Huckleberry.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
And thanks, Aquila! Didn't mean to shortchange you on my gratitude for the info! Hahaha!

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
And thanks, Aquila! Didn't mean to shortchange you on my gratitude for the info! Hahaha!
No worries, your secret is safe with me. :54:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots

Hahahahahaha! Oops! I'd just finished reading 2 Allee threads in a row, and I guess I had Huckleberry on the brain. Could've sworn that post was from Allee, too!

Nope, there's only one Huckleberry.

Great save, Doc! You're forgiven! Thanks for the giggles!

Aquila, I'd also like to see your artwork.

Most Reactions