Kise has been gone :( :(

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I'm so sorry, Heedless. But do not give up! All of the ideas already presented are very good ones. Parrot911 and Facebook are huge for this! People have managed to get their birds back. It does happen. But you have to act quickly. Our own Trish (Betrisher) found her Barney after one or two months! Mark (Birdman666) found his grey, Tusk, after almost a month. Don't lose hope!

Check with veterinary hospitals in the area. Fire stations. Police departments. Supermarkets. Make them all aware that you are looking for your bird. Make flyers with Kise's pic.

And as already suggested before, let us know which city you live in. We have a lot of members out there who would be willing to help if you live nearby. We're all here for you and Heedless.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
I am very very sorry this happened. Like Christa has mentioned, please stay positive and focused. You could very well be one of the lucky ones and she returns to you safely. Pick yourself up and get busy trying to find her.
Falling apart and blaming yourself is not helpful to you or Kise.
Take a deep breath and do your due diligence.

I too am praying for you and her safe return. 🙏🏻

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
I'm so sorry for you! Was she clipped? I'm just curious.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Please tell us what state you are in and if you don't want to give city, at least say , north , south , east or west part if state. We want to help if possible. She can survive without food, it just depends on temps and if she found good shelter to tuck into. Ask your neighbors to help even if you don't know them, ask co-workers to help look and call vets. You can't fall apart right now, time is critical, give yourself a big slap if it will help you get focused, and w big hot cup of coffee, or down a mountain dew get that caffeine working for you.
I had a cat fall off a balcony on the 4th floor, and I couldn't find her for a week in the winter up north. I found her u nharmed after a week I was crawling under every bush on my belly cuz I thought I was looking for her body. Then there she was fine, but to scared to come out of a deep thickets.
So get out there crawl, climb, and find her!

OP
HEEDLESS

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.

I don’t know how to post online FB..ect… Could someone please HELP on posting..

Contact Lily xxx-xxx-xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
heedless, where in the US are you so we can narrow it down a bit?

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I just spoke to Lily. She said that she lives in Scottsdale, Arizona. If we have any members reading this right now who live anywhere near her and can give her a hand, please reach out. There is a strong possibility that Kise is still in the area, so a sweep of the surrounding few miles could do a lot to bring her back home.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Thanks everyone. I am not myself and have no sleep. This feeling of guilt is killing me. THE GUILT of careless, leaving her out there on the freezing cold, starving her till death. I am killing my Baby Kise. This feeling of guilt is going with me to my grave. I wish that I can just go to sleep and don’t wake up.

I understand your despair and agony, but know many birds are safely returned. Notification of people and organizations, especially the first few days, will give the best chance of success. I dearly hope your efforts will result in a quick reunification with Kise.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I want to add something, Lily. I KNOW you're feeling guilty, but I won't let that go! I have done a hundred things over the years that could (and maybe should) have resulted in injury, loss, or death to the Rb, but chance and circumstance saved him (and me). I doubt if ONE of us here hasn't made a bad choice, not ONE of us. You and I grew closer as I was painting Kise, and I feel even closer to you now. Please put your strength into the search, and not into blaming yourself, dear. Please.

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
I think it's very important to not get lost in grief just yet because bit clouds judgement and allows up to give up too soon. For instance I went on an emergency trip to see my grandpa in the hospital (he's 87) and he was very sick. My family was already mourning his loss a bit and I was acting completely normal and telling my grandpa normal stuff and being calm. And guess what? He recovered and afterwards told me that me acting normal really helped him through. So please don't mourn yet!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I want to add something, Lily. I KNOW you're feeling guilty, but I won't let that go! I have done a hundred things over the years that could (and maybe should) have resulted in injury, loss, or death to the Rb, but chance and circumstance saved him (and me). I doubt if ONE of us here hasn't made a bad choice, not ONE of us. You and I grew closer as I was painting Kise, and I feel even closer to you now. Please put your strength into the search, and not into blaming yourself, dear. Please.

I have made many mistakes in my bird keeping life. We all make mistakes for sure, and try and live and learn. Do not give up hope. It's way to early to give up hope!!!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
I saw a posting for an Eclectus parrot found in Scottsdale AZ, so I called and she confirmed it was a female Eclectus and it sounds like she could be Kise. I connected the finder with Lily and hopefully we’ll get an update soon to let us know if it is Kise that was found. This Eclectus was found on a patio this morning and is currently safely inside a house waiting for Lily to check if it is her. Fingers crossed that this is Kise!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh how wonderful, good work Jen5200!! I hope it's Kise.... fingers and toes and eyes crossed!!!!

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I saw a posting for an Eclectus parrot found in Scottsdale AZ, so I called and she confirmed it was a female Eclectus and it sounds like she could be Kise. I connected the finder with Lily and hopefully we’ll get an update soon to let us know if it is Kise that was found. This Eclectus was found on a patio this morning and is currently safely inside a house waiting for Lily to check if it is her. Fingers crossed that this is Kise!

Great news!!! I really hope its her!!!!!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
Oh Dear God please let it be Kise! :51::51::51:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I'm jumping up and down!!!!! Please please be our lost baby!!!!!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I'm jumping up and down!!!!! Please please be our lost baby!!!!!

Me too!! :51:
And if it is, I want to hear the entire story of her rescue.

OP
HEEDLESS

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.

First of all.... I THANK YOU and I really am APPRECIATE EVERYONE FOR ALL THE SUPPORTING, CONCERNING, AND HELPING.

2nd. I am shaking with happy tears right now because my BABY KISE is HOME!!!

THANKS Jen.... Yes, she called me and I rushed to her place with just about hundred feet.

Don't me and my crying face that still swollen from crying since last night and without sleep.

The lovely lady took pics at her place while I'm thanking her.

heedless-albums-baby-kise-picture21058-baby-kise-home.jpg

heedless-albums-baby-kise-picture21057-baby-kise-home.jpg

LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH AND VERY MUCH APPRECIATE! **bowing her head***

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016

First of all.... I THANK YOU and I really am APPRECIATE EVERYONE FOR ALL THE SUPPORTING, CONCERNING, AND HELPING.

2nd. I am shaking with happy tears right now because my BABY KISE is HOME!!!

THANKS Jen.... Yes, she called me and I rushed to her place with just about hundred feet.

Don't me and my crying face that still swollen from crying since last night and without sleep.

The lovely lady took pics at her place while I'm thanking her.

heedless-albums-baby-kise-picture21058-baby-kise-home.jpg

heedless-albums-baby-kise-picture21057-baby-kise-home.jpg

LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH AND VERY MUCH APPRECIATE! **bowing her head***

Thank You Jesus!! :51: PRAYERS ANSWERED!!!!

Most Reactions