Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Omg I just saw this thread and could feel your horrible pain! Then was so happy for you that you have your precious Kise back!!! :D Wow! Whew! I’m really glad you were so lucky.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
This thread made me cry! It was like a Lifetime drama. Thank God you found your baby. When you mentioned you guilt and cold temperatures I was feeling so sad/worried for you...only to discover that there was a happy ending! BEST NEWS ALL DAY/WEEK...!

SIDE-NOTE: Was the woman a parrot owner or did she Google your bird type. I feel like the "average Joe" wouldn't know to post on parrot 911 or what species they had found.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Happy happy ending!!! I have such a soft spot for all the birds on here but especially the other eclectus. I'm SO glad she was brought home.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
This thread made me cry! It was like a Lifetime drama. Thank God you found your baby. When you mentioned you guilt and cold temperatures I was feeling so sad/worried for you...only to discover that there was a happy ending! BEST NEWS ALL DAY/WEEK...!

SIDE-NOTE: Was the woman a parrot owner or did she Google your bird type. I feel like the "average Joe" wouldn't know to post on parrot 911 or what species they had found.

I didn't know about parrot 911 until joining this forum, and reading s thread if a different lost bird. So I agree that woman was wonderful

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Amazing success!! I am so happy Kise is safely home. What a spectacular confluence of events, thanks to Jen5200, a caring rescuer, and the connectivity of the internet!!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I not only vote for Jen for Member of the Year, but I nominate her for Official Godparent of Kise!

OP
HEEDLESS

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.

Once again.... THANK YOU to EVERYONE!!!!! **Hugs**

I would have lost her completely without everyone on this Forum.

I took Kise to her vet for an emergency visit.

She is doing very well and no I.V. needed for what has happened to her.

She is not stuffing herself with foods like when she has had her favorite.. but she ate good amount to fill up her stomach.

She is on my head preening herself and talking at the moment... :)

~VERY MUCH APPRECIATE~

***CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**

Edited:
Thank very much LaManuka. I will keep my eyes on her like you told me too.. **CHUUUUUUUUUUUUU**​

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
That is the best possible news Lily and Kise, what a wonderful outcome and a happy reunion:):):)

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
Great news!!!! I’m glad Kise is healthy and I’m sure she’s super happy to be back home with her mommy :) What a wonderful happy reunion!!

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Wow, I missed this whole thing...I like a happy ending! Good job Jen!

I'm going to be the party-pooper here Heedless...No more talking your bird outside without her being either wearing a harness with a leash attached to it and to you, or inside of a cage/carrier!!! No more free-parrots outside! Even a bird with clipped-wings can fly miles with the wind, and if they have their wings then obviously they're usually gone...And that's typically how this happens, even to professionally-trained "free-flight" parrots, something happens to scare them, a noise, a person walks by, a car drives by, a door shuts, etc. You just cannot take your parrot outside without a harness or without them being in a cage...

There, I said my peace...Congrats, so glad that this had a happy ending, and so quickly too...It doesn't usually work-out like this in such a short amount of time!

OP
HEEDLESS

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Wow, I missed this whole thing...I like a happy ending! Good job Jen!

I'm going to be the party-pooper here Heedless...No more talking your bird outside without her being either wearing a harness with a leash attached to it and to you, or inside of a cage/carrier!!! No more free-parrots outside! Even a bird with clipped-wings can fly miles with the wind, and if they have their wings then obviously they're usually gone...And that's typically how this happens, even to professionally-trained "free-flight" parrots, something happens to scare them, a noise, a person walks by, a car drives by, a door shuts, etc. You just cannot take your parrot outside without a harness or without them being in a cage...

There, I said my peace...Congrats, so glad that this had a happy ending, and so quickly too...It doesn't usually work-out like this in such a short amount of time!

Aye, aye Captain........

**CHUUUUUUUUUU**

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I have not been on in a few days and just saw this post! :eek: OMG my heart SANK when I first read about Kise being gone! Then I was jumping up and down so hard saying YAAYYYYY it scared little Beebs and he took off zooming thru the house!!!
LILY I am sooooooo happy you got your beautiful Kise back!!! And for you Jen...you definitely have my vote for Member of The Year!! You are awesome young lady!!!:D

This is why I love this forum so much! People helping people,and at times it's not even about a parrot problem. And I never heard of Parrot911 until I saw it on this forum..You learn new stuff everyday!!

Jim

OP
HEEDLESS

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
This is the best news I could've hoped for! Lily, I couldn't be happier for you and Kise. I know you were really hurting, and I'm so glad your grief has turned to tears of joy.

Jen, you were awesome! Thank you for reuniting Lily with her beautiful ekkie! And thank God the woman who found her was both an honest person and rather comfortable with birds.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome home, sweet Kise! Lily, I was so heartbroken for you and your feathered baby girl, this news is amazing, I am thrilled that Kise is safe at home with you. Your reunion photo with Kise says it all. Hugs to both of you.

Jen, thank you for helping Kise find her mommy, you are a true hero. I don’t know how Kise chose the perfect place to ask for help but so glad she did. Kise’s adventure couldn’t have had a happier conclusion, thanks to all involved who made it possible.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
This is the best news ever! Lily, your pictures with Kise made me cry seeing the pure joy on your face.
This thread is a perfect example of the incredible members we have here on the forum. From the people who posted ideas to help and support, to Stephen calling Lily and posting her location, to Jen finding Kise on 911 and facilitating her reunion with Lily...this is what a loving, caring community looks like.

reeisconfused

Aug 11, 2018
Parrots
rescued IRN Max and Cockatiel Honey
My god, this is WONDERFUL news! Jen, your our hero!
All congratulations on finding Kise. Hold her tight and never let her go :)

dhraiden

Jul 14, 2015
Queens NY
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Mochi)
Gold Capped Conure (Mango)
Man, what an emotional roller coaster. So glad and relieved for a HAPPY ending (the world needs more happy outcomes)! Good job Jen, many congratulations on Kise being reunited!

OP
HEEDLESS

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANKS to ALL.

Just want let you all know my feeling and joyfully this morning…
The feeling of getting up every morning at 4am-4:30am, making tea/coffee, making/chopping foods/vegs for Kise, and cleaning her cage, I didn’t realized it was that much of joy. I didn’t know I love/need her that much.
I'm just too happy, grateful to everyone for making me to have this happy again.

THANK YOU!!!!

**CHUUUUUUUUUUUU***

Most Reactions