Kiwi's out and about thread 2018

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Not so much an out and about story as a study in the adaptability of this bird.

As some of you may have seen in another thread, we sustained some water damage to our kitchen/living room wall from a leaky dishwasher, and Kiwi is normally housed on the perpendicular wall to the damaged one (that now has a giant hole in it). Out of an abundance of caution while we wait for repairs to be made, he has been relocated to the other side of the living room and in doing so, basically had to rearrange all the furniture. Little monster didn't even miss a beat. Most birds would probably be a bit upset to be moved and they're environment turned upside down, but not Kiwi! And over the past week, we've had quite a few strangers in and out of the house and he has charmed them all. Very intrigued by what they're doing but also quiet and well behaved as he observed them from his cage top and kept a very close eye on them:p Nothing seems to phase this bird. I take it as a good sign that he's well adjusted.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Here's a good one for the 'out and about' thread:

Last night we took Kiwi with us to run errands, and one parking lot was completely full so we parked at the convenience store next door. My husband went to the other store and I went in to get a bottle of water and brought Kiwi since I'm not leaving him in a hot car. Naturally the guy in front of me in line notices him and starts asking about him and others chime in (he does draw a crowd:rolleyes:). The clerk asks "oh, what's his name", to which I reply Kiwi and the clerks like "oh! It's a girl then!" 😂😂😂

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Here's a good one for the 'out and about' thread:

Last night we took Kiwi with us to run errands, and one parking lot was completely full so we parked at the convenience store next door. My husband went to the other store and I went in to get a bottle of water and brought Kiwi since I'm not leaving him in a hot car. Naturally the guy in front of me in line notices him and starts asking about him and others chime in (he does draw a crowd:rolleyes:). The clerk asks "oh, what's his name", to which I reply Kiwi and the clerks like "oh! It's a girl then!" 😂😂😂

LOL..April,.you probably know I get that with Amy too :D

Jim

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Should'a told the clerk, "That's Mister Kiwi to you, buddy!"

Yeah, just like Kiwi and Amy, my cockatiel Suzie always got the same thing. Poor guy. Lol!

Most Reactions

Latest posts