Kiwi's out and about thread 2018

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
[
Can also confirm that Amazons use this power to communicate with non-amazon owned humanoids to push their propaganda that they are amazing birds who can do no wrong which is an absolute fact as proven time and time again as long as food, toys and play time is at acceptable levels

Guessing you may or may not be considering waiting to get another parrot until you can get one of the stocky green variety:06::16::green:

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Maybe even a Star-Trek force field!

Can contain hostile aliens, but I'm betting a goffin could still figure out a way to escape!

Would need to tether a large helium balloon to the roof to help oppose gravity!

Because carrying around a ginormous backpack containing a ginormous tropical bird just wouldn't generate enough stares as-is!

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
[
Can also confirm that Amazons use this power to communicate with non-amazon owned humanoids to push their propaganda that they are amazing birds who can do no wrong which is an absolute fact as proven time and time again as long as food, toys and play time is at acceptable levels

Guessing you may or may not be considering waiting to get another parrot until you can get one of the stocky green variety:06::16::green:

It's tempting, though holding back that desire for the appropriate years would be tricky, I will have to see if the big green beans enjoy my company unlike the Tiel brigade who have sent a warrant for my immediate execution!

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
or of course I could just get ALL the birds :D

If I ever come into money I'll be that person you hear about who goes to the shelter and says "I'll take the lot!"

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

If I ever come into money I'll be that person you hear about who goes to the shelter and says "I'll take the lot!"

Ahhhh...you will be found by the proper avian companion before you even know it,M'Lord! ;) and personally...I can't WAIT to see that first post/picture! :p :green: :white1: :rainbow1: :orange: :confused: :33: :p

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
A recently found internal document between departments stated: After a review of the historical documentation; Amazons have never been connected to the use of propaganda. An investigation of the accuser has been requested for the near term. Finds will be report as part of normal departmental communications.

Hmmm...

Shine

Nov 3, 2016
Northern Nevada
Parrots
Fidget - BFA, Addy - Red Lored
a recently found internal document between departments stated: After a review of the historical documentation; amazons have never been connected to the use of propaganda. An investigation of the accuser has been requested for the near term. Finds will be report as part of normal departmental communications.

Hmmm...

fake news!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
a recently found internal document between departments stated: After a review of the historical documentation; amazons have never been connected to the use of propaganda. An investigation of the accuser has been requested for the near term. Finds will be report as part of normal departmental communications.

Hmmm...

fake news!

Hmmm, okay, I'm guessing that you are referencing the use of propaganda, correct?

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots

If an amazon does decide to make you it's lifetime servant, you won't be able to refuse anyways:D They don't take no for an answer!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17

You left out “and none of the rules, which are dynamic, are broken.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
A recently found internal document between departments stated: After a review of the historical documentation; Amazons have never been connected to the use of propaganda. An investigation of the accuser has been requested for the near term. Finds will be report as part of normal departmental communications.

Hmmm...

Well I guess Triggs can cross Amazons off his potential bird list after that blunder!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Big day ahead! Home Depot, Petsmart, craft store, dollar store... POB at the ready! Green monster already excited to see POB:D

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Don't forget to bring your camera!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Don't forget to bring your camera!

My phone's camera is total crap, but I'll try and get a pic or 2;) Getting some patio-related items for refinishing furniture and "eagle proofing":rolleyes:

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Went to Petsmart today for a new rope perch for the patio cage. Also found a dish big enough to be something of a small wading pool for the creature to bathe himself in (he'll like that!). I'm not sure exactly what he was up to, but I think he was puffing and tail wagging while we were looking at the turtles and bird toys:rolleyes: Last weekend, we went to Petco and got a new cement perch. He honked at the little birds there. I think it made him feel like the biggest baddest bird in the room:p He's so happy for it to be that time of year again!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
It has been getting/staying sunnier and warmer here..today was in the mid 70's and the weather people are saying its gonna continue for a few more days :D
I'm hesitant on taking Amy out coz his sleeves are long and need to be shortened! It would take a week or more to get an appointment with his CAV or I could bring him up to our local butcher...errr I mean pet shop and get them taken care of right then and there..but if you recall...the last time they did any "grooming" to him, we walked out with three of his tootsies bleeding and him holding his foot up and crying all the way to Dunkin Donuts..that episode made me VERY angry,and sad..
I could demand on the girl who has been there for ten years and has Fids of her own..that is IF she is in that day.
I know Amy is very anxious to get back out there in the sunshine!

Jim

SunnyJ

Apr 24, 2018
WA
Parrots
32 year old Double Yellow head
"Baby"
Love this entire thread.......I had never seen a pak like that! Makes me wonder if Baby would tolerate it...she loves mini tents and boxes so this isn't much different! She's camped in a tent with us soooooo I wonder :)
Other Question is how secure they are with amazons who like to chew & destroy things. ?:)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Most Amazons (other than Kiwi), want to with time, determine if the new item is Radioactive or acceptable to them. So, allow time for your Amazon to provide the needed approvals.

I will let those who have them address your question regarding their withstanding an Amazon.

I fully agree with you regarding the joy of this Thread!!!

SunnyJ

Apr 24, 2018
WA
Parrots
32 year old Double Yellow head
"Baby"
We used to take Baby everywhere...my husband would keep his thumb on her foot so she wouldn't go anywhere. We stopped going to certain stores just because we knew Baby disliked someone there and for whatever reason would bite 'husband' . We always thought she did this because it was 'his' fault that person was there..... I don't trust my reaction to a bite to take her out like that.
It is fun to read about others and their bird adventures..... post! post! post! :)

CKP

Feb 16, 2016
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Maverick - BFA (hatchdate: 05/04/2016)
Other Question is how secure they are with amazons who like to chew & destroy things. ?:)

Our BFA chews one of the little holes for the adjustable height perch, but thus far just makes a fluffy mess and I trim the loose threads as needed. Although he has figured out how to work the zippers and if he can see them he'll pry them apart in about a minute, so we've had to be careful to push them aaaaaalllll the way to the top. It's 'interesting' to be driving/shopping/walking and suddenly a little parrot head pops out!

Kiwi sounds like he's been enjoying the spring weather!! We've been taking advantage of the 60-70's days to walk and cycle, though I haven't been brave enough to take the chicken on the bike with me. Kiwi's outings may make Mav jealous enough that I'll have to give it a try! Are you able to take him into all of those stores, or just HD and Petsmart?

Most Reactions

Latest posts