Kiwi's out and about thread 2018

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I just got motivated to consider a POB and take my flock to the great outdoors!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Great photo of Kiwi's Mom and Lord Kiwi's Private Travel Lounge.

Now that is a Amazon that has it truly "Made in the Shade!" :D

Will Mr. Julio be getting a POB of his own this summer? You know, if/when he finds out his buddy has one, he's going to be asking for one too:D

I think that Kiwi has already spilled the beans on that one! And, that explains it so very well! Julio has be asking for a 30' AirStream RV of late! That stinker, he has been setting us up for his negotiating game again. You know the one, that Win, Win Game. He gets precisely what he wanted and we believe that we just escaped needing to refi the house!!!

Well, at least we know what to get him for his Birthday this year. :D

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'

Have any of your birds gone out before Scott?

If I remember correctly, my dads goffin weighs a little under 300 grams and is significantly smaller than a big amazon. If that's about what yours weigh, the medium size would fit 2 friendly goffins at a time or singles of any of your birds.

If you get one, keep us posted on how it works out! With so many parrots, at least a couple would have to love it:)

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
I think that Kiwi has already spilled the beans on that one! And, that explains it so very well! Julio has be asking for a 30' AirStream RV of late! That stinker, he has been setting us up for his negotiating game again. You know the one, that Win, Win Game. He gets precisely what he wanted and we believe that we just escaped needing to refi the house!!!

Well, at least we know what to get him for his Birthday this year. :D

Uh-O. If Kiwi and Julio have been sharing info, you may well be on the hook for that trailer. I don't think you were a member yet when I posted the original photos of my custom lining in the POB (which were later taken hostage by photo bucket:mad:). But, well, Kiwi beat Julio to the punch on the whole vintage trailer deal:D

P.S. For those who do remember, this is the original custom appliqué as of 5 minutes ago (I pulled the perch out to get a good photo). It's still in pristine condition- a true testament to what a well behaved bird Kiwi is regarding his no-chew training (that or maybe he just likes his happy trailer scene):

attachment.php

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Uh-O. If Kiwi and Julio have been sharing info, you may well be on the hook for that trailer. I don't think you were a member yet when I posted the original photos of my custom lining in the POB (which were later taken hostage by photo bucket:mad:). But, well, Kiwi beat Julio to the punch on the whole vintage trailer deal:D

P.S. For those who do remember, this is the original custom appliqué as of 5 minutes ago (I pulled the perch out to get a good photo). It's still in pristine condition- a true testament to what a well behaved bird Kiwi is regarding his no-chew training (that or maybe he just likes his happy trailer scene):

attachment.php

Well, what he really wants is the POB, the Trailer is his starting point.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots

Well, knowing amazons, you may end up buying him both plus a few toys by the end of said "negotiations":p

You do know, of course, if Julio gets a POB, photos for the forum will be REQUIRED.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Sir demon face came with us to the food carts (aka amazon Disneyland) last night. Naturally, being an amazon, he loves it there (for obvious reasons:p). As per usual, we had several families come over to say hello to the big green bird in a backpack and last night Kiwi was feeling especially happy/friendly and put on a big display for them, shouting "hello" and making big wolf whistles and goose honks. This, of course, greatly delights tiny humans. Kiwi is so cute with kids, he really likes them and seems to go out of his way to entertain them.

Hubby took a picture of me by a food cart, with an apt name and logo if you ask me:p:27::green: Also a good pic to show how big the medium pak-o-bird really is! I'm 5'6 and an 'average' weight for my height. The POB is almost as long as my entire torso, slightly wider and thicker! It's not heavy at all, just bulky.

attachment.php

We have the exact same POB & we love it! Great picture. ;)

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Have any of your birds gone out before Scott?

If I remember correctly, my dads goffin weighs a little under 300 grams and is significantly smaller than a big amazon. If that's about what yours weigh, the medium size would fit 2 friendly goffins at a time or singles of any of your birds.

If you get one, keep us posted on how it works out! With so many parrots, at least a couple would have to love it:)

The only time outside is in a cage with the locks very securely fastened!! The type of cage where they cannot possibly open from the inside! Medium size sounds about right!!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Wow April... thatMEDIUM Pac-o-bird is huge! Any bigger would almost seem ridiculous on any size body. How about the XL? :D

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
The only time outside is in a cage with the locks very securely fastened!! The type of cage where they cannot possibly open from the inside! Medium size sounds about right!!

With goffins, cages practically need to be welded shut to keep them in:p

Given the species you have, I would definitely go with the reinforced stainless mesh version. The good news is that Celltei offers a POB repair service when the time comes (which I'm sure it will with cockatoos)!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Wow April... thatMEDIUM Pac-o-bird is huge! Any bigger would almost seem ridiculous on any size body. How about the XL? :D

This is the 'concept drawing' on their website for the XL POB for Big Macs. LOL! Could you imagine trying to walk around with one of these things as a backpack? I think the really big ones would likely be best used on a modified baby stroller frame. The medium is as big as a large camping pack as-is!

birdcarrierl1.jpeg

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Haha make sure you lean forward with one that size! At some point, the backpack style no longer works well...

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
OMG that thing is HUGE! :eek: you'd need a back brace on with that one!

Jim

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

Well, knowing amazons, you may end up buying him both plus a few toys by the end of said "negotiations":p

You do know, of course, if Julio gets a POB, photos for the forum will be REQUIRED.

Dang! Mr. Kiwi then Julio with a POB...and Salty Boy with one..I must NOT let Amy see this thread! :eek:

Jim

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
[
Dang! Mr. Kiwi then Julio with a POB...and Salty Boy with one..I must NOT let Amy see this thread! :eek:

Jim

It may already be too late!

Recent science-y stuff has proven that amazons possess telepathic abilities in which to communicate secretly with each other over vast distances of space and time when conspiring against their human minions. We are all screwed! :p:green:

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
[

Jim

It may already be too late!

Recent science-y stuff has proven that amazons possess telepathic abilities in which to communicate secretly with each other over vast distances of space and time when conspiring against their human minions. We are all screwed! :p:green:

Can also confirm that Amazons use this power to communicate with non-amazon owned humanoids to push their propaganda that they are amazing birds who can do no wrong which is an absolute fact as proven time and time again as long as food, toys and play time is at acceptable levels

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

With goffins, cages practically need to be welded shut to keep them in:p

Given the species you have, I would definitely go with the reinforced stainless mesh version. The good news is that Celltei offers a POB repair service when the time comes (which I'm sure it will with cockatoos)!

Great, a reinforced mesh would be helpful. Maybe even a Star-Trek force field!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

This is the 'concept drawing' on their website for the XL POB for Big Macs. LOL! Could you imagine trying to walk around with one of these things as a backpack? I think the really big ones would likely be best used on a modified baby stroller frame. The medium is as big as a large camping pack as-is!

birdcarrierl1.jpeg

Would need to tether a large helium balloon to the roof to help oppose gravity!

Most Reactions