L-bird acting strange after vet check.

barw33zy

Sep 13, 2011
Parrots
Sonny Sun Conure
I took my bird to the vet for a check-up and wing clip(I didn't want to clip him but thats another story) two days ago, and yesterday he was acting very strange.

He was very quiet when I got home from work, I coaxed him out of his cage onto a perch with some millet and he turned around and jumped right back in, he usually likes being out. I asked my wife how he was during the day and she said pretty quiet, eating a lot of apple and seeds, didn't want to be out of his cage, and... he had his feathers fluffed quite a bit.

I'm worried he caught something at the vet, but is it also possible that he is depressed because we took his flight away?

Also, his beak was long and a little unhealthy when I adopted him about 2 weeks ago, so the vet gave me some sunshine factor and I mixed a drop into his food mix as instructed.

mrob

Mar 22, 2011
New Zealand
Parrots
Gizmo:Male RS Eclectus
R.I.P Merv Hughes: Cockateil
Booger: Alexandrine
Take him back to the vet asap. If he is quiet, lethargic and fluffy, chances are he is sick. I lost my Teil just recently in a similar situation - take him asap!

OP
barw33zy

barw33zy

Sep 13, 2011
Parrots
Sonny Sun Conure
Should I take him to the same one if that's where he got sick? Also since he probably got sick at their office might they care for him free of charge, even though it can't be proven? If not I'd rather take him to a different vet, but im not sure there even is another avian vet on my island.

oled

Jul 10, 2011
South Sweden
Parrots
Ville a double yellow head Amazon
Yes take him to a vet just for being sure but i is likely that he is deprese do to the wingclip

mrob

Mar 22, 2011
New Zealand
Parrots
Gizmo:Male RS Eclectus
R.I.P Merv Hughes: Cockateil
Booger: Alexandrine
hm im not sure if you will be able to prove that why he got sick....he may have been sick earlier but the stress of his clip has excacerbated things. Take him back, get them to do a stool test etc, if anything just to ease your mind. they can go downhill VERY quickly - better safe than sorry!

Most Reactions

Latest posts