Laughed so hard I almost cried...

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Someone was certainly in a... mood tonight:green: He was hanging upside down by one foot grabbing little toys out of his toy basket and swinging around, banging them against the cage, flapping his wings then flinging them wildly. On several occasions his tail poked up through the bars of the cage, which for some reason just looked even more ridiculous/hilarious. I was just dying and the more I laughed the more furiously he played. My bird is the world's biggest goofball:D

Last edited:

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Blue Front's ( and most 'zon's :p) are like that!
I'm sure you saw my recent video of Amy refusing to get in his "walk around" perch??
Laying on his back on his playtop..yanking on his toy's,laying on his back and rolling over..just a typical birdie being goofy! :rolleyes: :D

Jim

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I would love to see that on video! That Kiwi is a character!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Very expensive, exclusive, high-end entertainment center -vs- Kiwi! Kiwi wins that play-off every time!

Julio would have been proud of his west coast partner in crime's behavior last night. In true amazon style, he was boldly expressing himself through body language. What exactly he was trying to convey though remains a mystery:D

I'm sure you saw my recent video of Amy refusing to get in his "walk around" perch??
Laying on his back on his playtop..yanking on his toy's,laying on his back and rolling over..just a typical birdie being goofy! :rolleyes: :D

Jim

I will have to look that up Jim. I don't remember seeing the video, but I haven't been on as frequently recently and may have missed Amy acting goofy.

I debated getting a video, but then I have no means of posting it anymore.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
It always makes me giggle to see a parrot hanging upside down to play. Kiwi is definitely a crowd pleaser.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Just the other day Bill_e posted one of Monty,the Hawkhead...had me in stitches!
Even little Beebs,when I go to change his food,one of his fav toys is a hnging chain with a couple shiny dice hanging..he'll slam that thing,arms flayling wildly,growling like pack of mad dogs..can't help but laugh at him :D

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Very expensive, exclusive, high-end entertainment center -vs- Kiwi! Kiwi wins that play-off every time!

Julio would have been proud of his west coast partner in crime's behavior last night. In true amazon style, he was boldly expressing himself through body language. What exactly he was trying to convey though remains a mystery:D

Jim

I will have to look that up Jim. I don't remember seeing the video, but I haven't been on as frequently recently and may have missed Amy acting goofy.

I debated getting a video, but then I have no means of posting it anymore.

Julio gathers great joy from watching other Amazons 'Living the Amazon Life!' Julio keeps very tight control regarding any access to the Amazona Book of Action and Lore! He only quotes from it when his staff need to make changes! :D

Jim's Video of Amy is a must see! A real combination of having fun and using a long list of tricks to control the when he will be ready to 'Step-Up.'

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Amazons seem to get great joy from beating the living crap out of their foot toys. Salty has 2 hrs of cage time every day before he comes out , and he has grand time smaching and throwing his foot toys around. Here is one of him throwing his light up disco ball around.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jV6Jx-0rjss

Most Reactions

Latest posts