Leaving my GCC alone?

Carol

Jul 25, 2012
I have had my GCC for a couple of months now & she has bonded very well with me.
I am going to be out of town for 2 days and I am wondering what is the best way to have her cared for.
She is really quiet & I don't want her to start screeching for attention while I am gone.
She is used to me leaving in the morning & not coming home until late, so I think that she'll be ok. But what do you do when you go for an extended vacation?

friedsoup

May 5, 2012
North Carolina
Parrots
Senegal Male Bogart
Have someone come and feed and change her water daily and if your gone longer someone who will take her to their home. This is why you should have a good social circle for yourself and your bird.

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
I usually have someone trustworthy (My sister) come to house sit if I ever go away, even if just for the weekend. I think Audrey feels less 'abandoned' that way and is still in the comfort of her own home and cage.

Daduc

Aug 7, 2012
Clearwater, FL
Parrots
Pineapple GCC
I usually get my girlfriend or her mother to stop by and hang out with kiwi for couple hours. I always felt guilty for leaving him alone. My bird drinks from water bottle, so if im gone for couple days i leave two in the cage just incase one malfunctions.

SunnyGirl

May 8, 2012
Jesenice, Slowenia, Europe
Parrots
sun conure - Sunny
I always ask my mum to take care of Sunny, it's great, they like each other so there are no problems when I'm gone for a few days (holiday or so) :D but sadly there is no other person that I could leave Sunny with (better said: noone knows anything about parrots)

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
I've been using a professional pet sitter for years. We just moved and I was able to find a new one through Pet Sitters International. Friends are definitely cheaper, but I have had great luck with licensed and bonded pros, and no strained friendships. YMMV.

Most Reactions

Latest posts