Let Parrots have their say!!!

blueiri

Nov 26, 2010
UK
Hi
I'm a student from Lincoln University and I'm currently running a survey on Pet Ownership.... so many dogs and cats... it's difficult to find people who have a parrot as a pet!! :white1:

Do you have any sort of bird and would you like to take part in the survey? You only need to fill in a questionnaire. It's very short, fun and anonymous!

Please e-mail me and I'll send you the questionnaire.
It'll only take a few minutes and your contribution will be extremely valuable!!

Let pet birds have their say!! :green:

My e-mail is [email protected]
Please note that the survey ends on the 6th of December so please write to me ASAP!

Thanks!!!

Lorenza :green:

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Lorenza with all the spam that are going on I doubt that people will e-mail you.

Why dont you just post the survey on the forum and we can answer.;)

Last edited:
OP
blueiri

blueiri

Nov 26, 2010
UK
Hi!
I tried pasting it here but it doesn't come out right :(
I've already received one e-mail though so I'm really hopeful!!
It's for the MSc on Clinical Animal Behaviour at Lincoln University, it's serious stuff I hope people just trust me!

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
ahhh I must agree with Linky....I am not comfy with giving out my email.

If it is a short survey, then maybe just post the questions, I will answer and you can fill in the forms yourself?

I'd be happy to help in this way :)

OP
blueiri

blueiri

Nov 26, 2010
UK
Hi!
I understand your point of view!
Unfortunately if I paste it it doesn't come out right and all questionnaires need to be the same for us to compare them.
I know it is risky to send e-mails these days, that's why most people have an e-mail address reserved for this kind of thing...

I am getting loads of feedback from the reptile forum, they've already completed loads of them!!
It's a pity not to get any from the birds... they're so different :(

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Sorry but I had to change my e-mail address because it got so flooded with spam. But that is just me - over here in South Africa. Maybe the other members have spare e-mail address.;)

OP
blueiri

blueiri

Nov 26, 2010
UK
I know the problem... I have 3 mail addresses!! I am running the risk of spam too!
not so much viruses as I'm writing from a Mac! You wont get any either from me that's for sure :)

Anyway, the response from the reptiles has been awesome.. and they're still going on!

where are the birds?

Please!!!!!

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
Ahh, what the hey, I'll send you an email. Sometimes you've just got to take a risk. :) What's the worst that can happen? I'll get junk mail that I don't want? Who cares, I already get loads of it! :)

OP
blueiri

blueiri

Nov 26, 2010
UK
That's the way to do it!! Yuppiiiii my first parrot!!! Lets show those snakes what we're made of!! :)

PS: you won't get any junk mail from me, you can rest assured on that :)

OP
blueiri

blueiri

Nov 26, 2010
UK
Thank you so much to everybody that is writing to me to get their questionnaire!! :rolleyes:

I do need more though if we want to equal the number of cat and dog owners who have answered it!
Pet Ownership hasn't been studied much at all and this is your chance to make yourself heard out there! Pets are not only cats or dogs!!!

It would be nice if the people who have already answered could post their comments on it, to convince other people to take part! :rainbow1:

Lorenza :grey:

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Blueiri, I might be interested, but I am ever wary of anything that takes place on college campuses. Could you give a little more information as to the rationale behind the survey? I would really be dismayed if I found out this survey was used in any way by PETA types who want to limit my right to own exotic pets or even non-exotic pets for that matter. I love animals dearly, but I am also conscious of the fact that there are many other so-called "animal lovers" who are simply Marxists in disguise.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Blueiri, I might be interested, but I am ever wary of anything that takes place on college campuses. Could you give a little more information as to the rationale behind the survey? I would really be dismayed if I found out this survey was used in any way by PETA types who want to limit my right to own exotic pets or even non-exotic pets for that matter. I love animals dearly, but I am also conscious of the fact that there are many other so-called "animal lovers" who are simply Marxists in disguise.

I second what Norf is suggesting

OP
blueiri

blueiri

Nov 26, 2010
UK
:O
my goodness I didn't consider my questionnaire could give raise to these suspicions!

I have to get this survey done as part of my master on Clinical Animal Behaviour at Lincoln University, and the results are going to be used exclusively by the University. As we (the students of the course) are going to become animal behaviourists, we have to understand the relationship between humans and pets. I really can't say any more as I don't want to influence anybody on the way they might fill in the questionnaire!

Also, to eliminate all doubts, the questionnaire can be filled in on ANY pet of one's choice. So if you, or anybody else, is worried about their parrot for some reason, you are welcomed to fill it in considering your dog or cat or rabbit or... fish!!

The questions are also very simple, I'm sure once you take a look at it you'll realize this can't in any way be harmful to exotic pet owners.
For example, one question is: "Do you like talking about your pet"

If still in doubt you can just take a look at it and then decide whether you want to answer it or not. I'm not forcing anybody!!

Also, I am a vet. And I don't think vets can be extremists. :)

:green:

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
FYI.. to all of you that might like to help Blueiri. I emailed her from my personal email and had her send me the survey. I took the survey, it was kinda fun, actually. Just letting you ALL know that it's totally safe. :)

Pheonix Rising

Oct 9, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix-Alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010
mikki- barrarand x king parrot
21yrs young ;)
I to took the survey
very simple well planned survey
honest person no junk mail
please support this person and give it a go
are we not all here to learn ????

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I just completed the survey, no foul play at all, completely safe.
Come lets make a difference, only takes a few minutes of your time.
Our contribution to Lincoln University will be extremely valuable

Last edited:
OP
blueiri

blueiri

Nov 26, 2010
UK
Thank you so much for supporting me and for filling in the questionnaires!!
:):):):)

More people are writing to me now but for the results to be significant I need plenty, so keep it up!!!

:grey:

Ladyeclectic

Oct 6, 2010
Central California
Parrots
Green-cheek Conure "Mishka" - Sun conure "Calypso"
I'm too worried about the potential of spam or phishing so I'm out. You could type out the questions - not everything has to be copy/paste. If however you're legit (and it sounds like, according to others' recommendations, you may be) then I wish you well on your survey. :p

Last edited:

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
The questionnaire is toooo long and have tooo many options to choose from - so typing it over wont work.:D

I took the above members advice and trusted it - no problems received at all.

BUT I was only allowed to do one and she MADE me choose between my family!
flat.gif

:D

OP
blueiri

blueiri

Nov 26, 2010
UK
I'm sorry Wildheart that you had to choose!!! :( But as long as you don't tell anybody who you chose I'm sure they're all be happy! ^^

I'm putting my own pic as my avatar so hopefully I'll get more people to trust me! I don't know what to do anymore to have your trust...
I've also uploaded other pics in my profile ^^

I have got a few questionnaires answered but I need more!!

Pleaseeeeeee !!!

Lorenza :grey:

Last edited:

Most Reactions